Senior Staff Technical Program Manager
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Ripple’s Data Engineering team supports the foundational infrastructure capabilities, tools, and data platform needed to the scale, insights and reliability of Ripple’s Payments, Liquidity and Custody solutions. Our team focuses on providing the data foundation to help Ripple’s teams scale and leverage data to build better customer experiences. As a Senior Staff TPM, you will take on and drive multiple key initiatives to drive cross org initiatives .
This position requires a program management background and direct experience managing large deliverables across multiple teams and organizations. You will create and drive high-level vision and strategic roadmap for Ripple. A TPM anticipates areas that require cross-organization alignment, as well as uses great judgment to balance deliverables, constraints, and dependencies to construct achievable and manageable milestones. Your ability to understand the big picture and plan ahead for dependencies and roadblocks is crucial.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Responsible for on-time delivery of multiple initiatives related to ingesting, transforming and consuming data
- Have a data-first approach to track progress, report on trends and identify problem areas
- Partner with program managers, product managers, and engineering managers to understand development priorities and drive alignment across multiple partners with competing priorities
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and remove obstacles to impeding development achievements
- Drive testing dependencies for assigned engineering teams but also across teams as products converge for release
- Build release, bug, and tracking dashboards to advise partners of development progress and gaps
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 8+ years of previous release and/or project management experience on projects involving complex enterprise tech environments
- Proven understanding and working knowledge of the software development life cycle and modern project management standard processes, such as Agile, Scrum, Six Sigma, etc.
- Ability to coordinate cross-functionally, build consensus, and execute across teams. Able to influence without authority, negotiate and encourage others in a matrixed environment
- Experience with project planning tools such as Jira, Confluence, and a proficient user of Google Sheets
- Experience in the payments/fin-tech industry is a plus
Key job responsibilities
- Drive complex cross-functional requirements
- Coordinate the work across multiple teams and organizations within Amazon
- Own strategic roadmap and tactical milestones
- Manage timeline, dependencies, and deliverables
- 7+ years of technical product or program management experience
- 10+ years of working directly with engineering teams experience
- Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Understanding of data warehouses or Lakehouses, such as on BigQuery, Databricks or Snowflake
- Experience designing or architecting (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: in-office collaboration for moments that matter is important to our culture, and we give managers and teams the flexibility to decide which days they come in.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Custody roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.