Internal Audit Manager
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Ripple’s Internal Audit Team within the Legal and Compliance organisation is searching for a Internal Audit Manager to execute the risk-based audit plan as the 3rd line of defence for the company. The Internal Audit Manager will work under the supervision of the Head of Internal Audit to execute financial audits and build relationships with leaders across the organisation. To succeed, qualified candidates may exhibit the ability to problem-solve as part of a team, demonstrate the capability to actively pursue their career development, exhibit technical proficiency in audit procedures, and interact with client personnel in a professional manner.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Execute financial and operational audits successfully by conducting interviews, identifying key risks and controls, drafting workpapers, gathering evidence and performing testing.
- Prepare audit work papers that comply with international auditing standards for content and quality.
- Identify, evaluate, and document the design and effectiveness of the company's internal controls looking for both control gaps and opportunities to gain process efficiencies.
- Test SOC 1 and SOC 2 attestation documentation and perform periodic assessment of controls.
- Interact with business partners to assess audit findings including control weaknesses with an appropriate degree of professional skepticism. Keep audit management informed of audit findings, and assist business partners with the development of management action plans to mitigate weaknesses, and evaluate adequacy of management’s response. Where appropriate, test corrective actions taken.
- Draft audit reports to formally communicate the results of the audit and related recommendations to senior management.
- Stay abreast of company business strategies, industry technology advances, and the risk profile of assigned business areas to ensure relevancy of audit approach.
- Work with Ripple's external auditors and state/federal regulators to support their examination efforts.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Bachelor's Degree in Management Accounting, Finance, or equivalent business discipline.
- Minimum 5 years experience conducting internal or external risk-based audits. Experience performing audits in the banking or financial services industry is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
- Strong knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley and COSO/COBIT internal control framework is a plus.
- Certifications such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Chartered Accountant (CA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), and/or Certified Information Security Professional (CISSP) are a plus.
- Organized and possess the ability to handle competing priorities and meet important deadlines.
- Able to follow instructions accurately and efficiently; proactive in asking clarifying questions to ensure work effort is directed wholly toward the desired outcome.
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Metaco roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.