Financial Risk Director
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
As a member of Ripple’s Financial Risk team, you’ll play a critical role in identifying, quantifying, and mitigating the financial risks present across Ripple’s business lines. You’ll work cross-functionally with many Ripple teams including Sales, Business Development, Trading and Markets, Legal, Product, Engineering, and Finance to simultaneously enable growth and manage Risk. This role will serve as the in-region lead and primary point of contact for managing risk and related communications.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Participate in periodic enterprise-wide risk assessments
- Credit Risk Management:
- Work closely with commercial teams to assess risk, implement process, and drive education
- Conduct credit underwriting & financial statement analysis to gauge counterparty financial health and make business recommendations accordingly
- Build and implement credit risk models in-line with local standards to meet financial and regulatory reporting requirements
- Analyze and monitor Ripple’s existing and evolving customer portfolio including setting credit exposure limits, allocation, concentration, pricing, terms, stress testing, etc
- Develop the processes and tools for managing, tracking, and reporting of financial covenants and collateral
- Minimize bad debt expense by effectively negotiating and structuring workout agreements
- Assist in developing and refining Credit policies and procedures
- Market Risk Management:
- Partner with the Trading and Markets team to review, reconcile, and report on Ripple’s trading activity
- Build and implement the necessary reporting tools to quantify and display Ripple’s exposure to both fiat and digital currencies
- Other Risk
- Develop the processes and procedures to identify and manage risks associated with growing commercial activity and expansion of products and services
- Build and implement a robust governance structure and risk reporting systems to ensure senior management and the local Board of Directors remain abreast of Ripple’s risk profile
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 3+ years of experience in financial markets, credit risk management, trading, or related financial services roles
- Higher education in a quantitative field, such as Economics, Finance, Data Analytics and etc.
- Commercial mindset and proven ability to understand complex products and work with business teams to implement creative solutions
- In-depth knowledge of financial statement analysis
- Strong relationship building skills and willingness to collaborate cross functionally
- Strong communicator and ability to convey highly technical topics in an easy to understand manner
- Crypto and/or cross-border payments experience a plus
- Prior debt restructuring and/or workout negotiations experience a plus
- Highly accountable; takes ownership over tasks to ensure successful outcomes
- Team first attitude
- Adaptable to shifting priorities, ability to multitask, and performs well under pressure
- Leads with inclusive actions and has a strong work ethic
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.