Sr. Manager/Director Security Engineering and Operations
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Through our blockchain technology and rapidly growing network of financial institutions, Ripple is improving the global financial system and increasing economic inclusion for more people, in more places around the world. Ripple is looking for a passionate Information Security leader to build a world class Information Security program. As a leader on the Information Security team, you will help us achieve this mission by actively working to protect our staff, company, and the larger crypto communities we engage with.
In this role, you will build and lead a team of security professionals to deliver exceptional security solutions and processes. You will collaborate across the business with other leaders in Engineering, Product, IT, and Compliance to ensure Ripple maintains a world class security posture. This role reports directly to the Head of Information Security.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Partner with Head of Security to plan security engineering and operations strategy
- Collaborate cross-functionally, including with engineering, legal, product, and IT teams, to build and strengthen information security and privacy across our service and infrastructure
- Define operational metrics and key performance indicators to assure the team achieves operational excellence
- Build and lead a team of security engineers and security professionals
- Ensure all security services and processes are working at peak effectiveness
- Drive, design, and implement innovative services to improve our public cloud security infrastructure
- Relentlessly focus on prioritizing, automating, and scaling our security capabilities
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 7+ years of experience in Information Security
- Co-create and help articulate Information Security strategy across the company
- A track record of hiring dedicated security engineers and analysts
- Experience working with engineering teams to drive improvements at scale, building security capabilities, and delivering public cloud detection and mitigation strategies
- A manager/director that can still deliver as an engineer when necessary
- Proficiency with common information security frameworks including SOC2, NIST CSF, and ISO 27001
- Inclusive leadership and collaboration skills
- Results oriented, values collaboration, self-motivated
- Someone willing to adapt to change in a fast moving environment
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.