Financial Risk Analyst Intern (Fall 2023)
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Financial Risk Analyst Intern
Ripple is building the world’s next-generation payment network backed by our advanced blockchain technology. RippleNet, Ripple’s core product, makes it easier than it’s ever been for our customers to run a high-performance payments business. Ripple’s Finance organization plays a key role in the intraday and back-office operations required to run the RippleNet payments business.
Ripple is continuing to build and automate processes that enable the secure and scaled growth of RippleNet and we are looking for someone who is passionate about risk management and financial technology to join our Finance team. The team partners with the Product, Markets, and Sales teams to assess and manage the financial presence in Ripple’s business. The internship will be a great way to make contributions to the continued success of our products and also get started as an analyst in the fast-paced FinTech industry. You will get to meet and learn from diverse and talented colleagues across Finance, Product and Sales teams.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Collaborate with commercial teams (Product, Engineering, Trading, Sales, Business Development) to gather customer information and analyze customer risk profiles
- Review financial statements and perform credit underwriting for accurate risk scoring
- Manage a credit portfolio to proactively mitigate risk
- Operationalize risk management processes, procedures, and systems
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or in a graduate program, preferably in a quantitative field, economics, finance, MFE, etc
- Experience with SQL, Python or R, and some data visualization tools (ie. Tableau) a plus
- Passionate about financial risk management
- Familiarity with financial statements analysis
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable collaborating with cross-functional teams using strong written and verbal communication skills
- Leads with inclusive actions and has a strong work ethic and team player
- Basic understanding of Credit Risk and lending, especially with Moody’s credit risk products is a plus
- Demonstrated interest or experience in markets, crypto, credit/trading is plus
We’re looking to increase what we already offer, but you can expect
- Competitive regional hourly pay
- 1:1 Mentoring
- Dedicated "buddy"- we'll partner you with someone at Ripple who will act as friend, advocate, liason, guide and so much more!
- Social and professional development events (In-person and virtual)
- Ripple offers lunches twice a week for non-remote employees
- On that note, Ripple has a very flexible remote policy - You get the choice of where you work from.
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Design laptop and software (on loan)
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.
Something looks off?