Senior Machine Learning Engineer
New York, NY, USA · Remote
Posted on Saturday, January 6, 2024
Olo is a leading on-demand commerce platform powering the restaurant industry’s digital transformation and personalizing the guest experience to maximize customer lifetime value. Olo customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market.
The Senior Machine Learning Engineer we are seeking will be able to build and scale machine learning models to solve the many business problems emerging from Olo’s digital platform and ecosystem. You will work closely with product managers/engineers across multiple teams to maintain Olo’s existing ML applications and develop new ML products that transform the restaurant industry.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo's headquarters in NYC.
What You'll Be Doing
- Build and own Machine Learning solutions from start to finish, from data pipelines, modeling, training to production deployment and monitoring.
- Collaborating closely with product teams in their domains, building domain expertise, and leveraging ML to solve critical business problems.
- Setting a foundation for an expanded ML team and culture in Olo.
- Collaborating with Data Engineering to build and maintain robust data pipelines and our machine-learning platform.
- Work with the ML team to maintain Olo’s existing ML applications, including predictive order ready times and recommendations.
- Find new ways to use large sets of diverse data, experimentation, and new models to create a cutting-edge restaurant technology platform.
What We'll Expect From You
- 3+ years of real-world machine learning experience, developing models and shipping models to production.
- BS/MS/PhD degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, or any other quantitative discipline.
- Proficient understanding of the complexity of developing and productizing real-world AI/ML applications such as predictions, NLP, recommendations, sentiment analysis, etc.
- Deep knowledge of popular ML frameworks such as TensorFlow, Pytorch Keras, SparkML, scikit-learn, XGBoost, H2O, etc.
- Strong programming skills, preferably in Python.
- Experience working in a cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP) and a containerized environment (Linux, Kubernetes, etc).
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, high-ownership work environment.
Olo is the engine of hospitality powering the restaurant industry's digital transformation. As a leading open SaaS platform, we enable over 600 restaurant brands to jointly reach 85 million connected guests across approximately 78,000 locations. More than two million orders per day run on Olo's platform, allowing brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations while raising the bar on hospitality. The result: brands do more with less and make every guest feel like a regular. With integrations to over 300 technology partners, our customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. You have likely used Olo and not even known it! Learn more at olo.com.
We’re remote-friendly. Since 2015, we have been evolving our culture to continue to support a more distributed workforce and now over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. If you're in the New York City area, you can choose to work remotely or from Olo's headquarters, located in Tribeca.
We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of paid time off, 10 separate sick days, 11 holidays plus year-end closure, health, dental and vision coverage for yourself and your family, a 401k match, remote-office stipend, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, volunteer time off, gift matching policy, and more!
Our best estimate of the compensation range for this opportunity is $135k-195k annually, depending on the experience you bring and your location. We look forward to discussing your salary expectations and our full total rewards offerings throughout the interview process.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team makes our workplace better. Don't meet every single qualification in the job description? Market data shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, that is free from discrimination and harassment; this allows us to make better decisions and better serve the communities we’re a part of. So if you're excited about this role but your previous experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.