Director of Marketing
Please read: This is an in-person role based in New York, NY. To be considered, you must attach a resume and send a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
maude is looking for an experienced Director of Marketing to lead our integrated marketing strategy to drive growth and brand awareness across all platforms. As Director of Marketing, you will be a strategic leader who combines analytical rigor with beauty experience to deliver on a cross-channel growth strategy for both newness and core products across DTC and retail to drive awareness and continue building evangelists out of our existing customer base. To make this happen, you’ll develop a deep understanding of the maude brand, assess our consumer journey, and manage all marketing programs across multiple channels working closely with our brand and growth teams to execute efficiently. The ideal candidate has extensive knowledge in effective marketing strategies and tactics in beauty, comprehensive experience across channels, takes a people-first approach to marketing, and is an organized executor and role model who thrives on building brands. This role will report to the CEO.
- Lead marketing and brand strategy: Work with growth and retention teams to define, own, and drive both omnichannel marketing and brand strategies, owning the development and execution of all marketing channels for impactful brand campaigns and initiatives.
- Drive optimized product positioning and go-to-market planning: Work cross-functionally with product development & regulatory, merchandising, growth, retention, and brand marketing teams to map out long-term promotions, content releases, social programs, ad hoc emails and other customer programs across all digital and online retailer properties for both newness and core products inclusive of but not limited to media, creative, brand partnerships, virtual and in store events, paid-review programs, and sampling.
- Drive key retail account marketing opportunities: Working with our Wholesale team, develop and execute retail marketing campaigns and initiative needs, ensuring all campaigns are 360 and identifying white space opportunities to drive the business, while delivering a strong ROI across digital exposures, social, .COM assets, sampling, in-store & virtual events email, social channels and .COM.
- Own marketing budget: Work with finance to develop and drive financial and KPI targets, budgets, and forecasts effectively prioritizing and allocating resources and spend to ensure efficiencies while meeting growth goals.
- Own marketing materials: Create materials for internal and external meetings with stakeholders to present marketing programs (i.e., 360 activation plans, market meetings).
- Know industry trends: Actively stay updated on industry trends, competitors' activities, and emerging technologies to ensure maude remains at the forefront of the market.
- A/B marketing channel testing roadmap: Work with marketing teams to build and execute a testing roadmap of new and existing channels while regularly sharing out clear performance, test results, best practices and key learnings with the team to improve growth and optimize multi-channel messaging.
- Monitor brand performance metrics: Monitor and evaluate brand performance metrics, such as sales volume and customer perception, and provide insights and recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Manage team: Lead internal growth and marketing teams and agencies to to support growth initiatives and expansion, maintaining accountability, clear cross-functional communication, and alignment.
- Evolve channels: Expand and evolve our marketing channels, staying ahead of best practices to ensure our strategies leverage the latest platform capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree in relevant field preferred.
- Beauty / personal care omnichannel (DTC + B2B) experience required.
- 8+ years of experience working in an omnichannel marketing role.
- 4+ years in people management and an ability to motivate and inspire innovation and efficiency.
- Success in previously creating and managing an omni-channel marketing strategy and budget directly tied to company growth and revenue.
- Background in a data-driven approach while equally understanding brand-building.
- Deep experience in Shopify Plus, SMS, ESP and Loyalty platforms.
- Expertise in marketing automation software, attribution modeling, digital tools (Google Analytics, data warehouse, etc.), and funnel optimization to understand CPA, attribution, cohort analysis, and LTV.
- Experience managing channels and digital marketers across content, social, paid search, SEO, and SEM with a thoughtful and kind approach.
- Proven experience managing agencies and outside partners.
- Extremely organized with the ability to meet all deadlines and communicate thoroughly.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Google Suite, and project management tools like Airtable.
- Mastery of communication and writing to maintain an efficient and productive process.
- Knack for being resourceful and breaking traditional barriers to identify opportunity and challenge the paradigm.
maude is a modern, direct-to-consumer sexual wellness startup that launched in April 2018 and has been featured in The NY Times, Vogue, Forbes, and Fast Company, amongst others. By eschewing the traditional approach through quality, simplicity, and inclusivity, maude is setting new standards for sexual wellness and works closely with factories to create body-safe, accessible essentials. Backed by top tier investors including True Beauty Ventures, Fable Investments (under Natura&Co), Access VC (Reckitt), True, RRE Ventures, CASSIUS Family, Endeavor, and angel Dakota Johnson, amongst others, maude is on a mission to make sexual wellness better for all. In 2022, the company launched in Sephora, one of the first sexual wellness brands ever carried in the retailer’s 52-year history. In addition, the company announced partnerships with Advocates for Youth and SIECUS, organizations dedicated to sexual health access and education.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
People first, always
From communication with our customer to the internal culture of the company, we stand for people. Inclusion and integrity inform how we’re built and we look for EQ just as much as IQ.
Quality is non-negotiable
Whether developing new products or writing copy, we expect thoroughness, high standards, and the interminable curiosity to challenge the status quo, taking impactful risks along the way. See an innovative way to do something? Do it.
Simplicity creates change
Balancing form and function sums up our approach and we are guided by timeless and human-focused design. We appreciate conciseness and look for a sharp sensibility across all disciplines to push the boundaries and shape our growth.