Stryker, Summer 2024 Internship-Interaction Design (UX/UI)-Michigan - Application via WayUp
Portage, MI, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
This role is with Stryker. WayUp is partnering with Stryker to hire top talent.
- Why engineering at Stryker? At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development. Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: [https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team ](https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team) We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting [stryker.com](https://www.stryker.com/) Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
- Challengers. People who seek out the hard projects and work to find just the right solutions.
- Teammates. Partners who listen to ideas, share thoughts and work together to move the business forward.
- Charismatic networkers. Relationship-savvy people who intentionally make connections with both internal partners and external contacts.
- Strategic thinkers. Interns who propose innovative ideas and consistently exceed their performance objectives.
- Customer-oriented achievers. Individuals with an unparalleled work ethic and customer-focused attitude who bring value to their partnerships.
- Game changers. Persistent interns who will stop at nothing to live out Stryker’s mission to make healthcare better. What You Get Out of the Internship Stryker, a global leader in medical technology takes great pride in their people, and that’s why we’re looking to expand our talent. As a result, we are looking for the best and brightest students to strengthen our team and drive our business going forward. Stryker Engineering interns will get to:
- Impact the development and manufacturing of cutting edge products
- Gain experience within a fast paced and growing industry
- Apply classroom knowledge in a fast-paced and growing industry setting
- Implement new ideas, be constantly challenged, and develop your skills Position Overview: We are seeking a talented and passionate UX/UI/Interaction Design intern to join our Instruments team. As a member of our design team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the user experience and user interface of our cutting-edge medical devices and systems. You will be responsible for understanding user needs, translating them into intuitive and visually appealing interfaces, and ensuring a seamless user journey throughout our digital solutions. This role will involve close collaboration with cross-functional teams, including industrial designers, software engineers, marketing managers and clinicians, to create human-centered designs that positively impact the healthcare industry. Responsibilities: 1\. User Research: Conduct in-depth user research and interviews to understand user needs, pain points, and preferences within the medical domain. Utilize this knowledge to inform the design process and ensure user-centric solutions. 2\. User Experience Design: Develop and refine user personas, user flows, and wireframes to outline the optimal user journey and interaction patterns for our MedTech products. Strive to enhance usability, accessibility, and overall user satisfaction. 3\. Interaction Design: Create interactive prototypes and mockups that demonstrate how users will interact with the software and hardware components of our medical devices. Implement feedback and iterate on designs based on usability testing results. 4\. User Interface Design: Design visually appealing, intuitive, and consistent user interfaces that align with the company's brand identity and product guidelines. Ensure that the UI meets industry standards and best practices for medical devices. 5\. Collaborative Development: Collaborate closely with marketing managers, software engineers, industrial designers, and clinicians to ensure the successful implementation of designs and maintain design consistency across the product ecosystem. 6\. Usability Testing: Plan and conduct usability testing sessions with actual users to gather feedback on prototypes and existing products. Analyze test results and use insights to improve the overall user experience. 7\. Accessibility: Advocate for accessibility best practices and ensure that our products are inclusive and usable by individuals with diverse abilities and needs. 8\. Industry Trends and Innovation: Stay up-to-date with the latest UX/UI design trends, best practices, and emerging technologies within the medical and healthcare industry. Continuously contribute new ideas and innovative solutions to improve our products. Qualifications:
- A rising senior studying a Bachelor's or Master's degree in UX/UI design, interaction design, human-computer interaction, or related fields.
- Strong portfolio showcasing your expertise in user-centric design, interaction design, and visual design.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, or similar software.
- Familiarity with prototyping tools like Qt, InVision or Axure for interactive mockups.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles, usability, and accessibility standards.
- Awareness of medical device regulations and compliance (FDA, ISO, etc.) is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to present design concepts and rationale to various stakeholders. Join our dynamic team and be a part of revolutionizing healthcare through exceptional UX/UI design for our innovative products and systems. Together with our customers we are driven to make healthcare better.
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA or above; must be the case at the date of hire and also will be verified during background check in the spring
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and not require employment-based sponsorship now or in the future. About Stryker Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually. More information is available at [stryker.com](http://www.stryker.com.)