As a Billing Analyst you will use your attention to detail and critical thinking to help us accurately prepare customer invoices, improve our invoicing systems, and ultimately increase collections. You’ll be providing critical support to the senior billing analyst and will have the opportunity to also work cross functionally within the finance, sales, and sales operations teams. Your days will include a mix of reviewing customer contracts, generating then sending invoices, and solving unique billing scenarios, and . In six months, you’ll know you’re a success when you are accurately invoicing multiple contracts each day with little oversight, identifying and executing billing process improvements, and you're able to partner cross-functionally with our sales & sales operations teams to find solutions to complex invoicing scenarios.To thrive in this role, you should be extremely detail oriented and be able to execute with a high level of accuracy. You should have a growth mindset both for VTS and for yourself. You should be hungry for opportunities and access - you will have plenty of both here!
Here’s what you can expect as a Billing Analyst
- Invoice Generation: On a daily basis you will prepare customer invoices in a timely and accurate manner.
- Problem Solving: You will research and resolve complex billing issues such as allocating assets, split invoicing requests, and unique billing schedules by utilizing key reports provided by the Sales team and prior billing data. You may also assist in testing system configurations and new billing scenarios (within Salesforce & NetSuite) in order to further enhance the billing process.
- Review: You will carefully review contracts to gain an understanding of how billings should occur and work cross-functionally with the Sales team to align on billing expectations.
- Support: A critical aspect of the role is supporting the Senior Billing Analyst in the day to day tasks of responding to billing inquiries and supporting the billing process. Additionally, you will Support the AR analyst in resolving billing inquiries and adjustments.
- Development: Be curious in your role and identify potential improvements such as automations and data integrity checks
In return for this work, you can expect a dedicated team to help train you and find success in the role. You can expect continuous learning opportunities. And you can expect growth. As VTS grows, so will you. This role is entry-level, and a great starting point to a long-term path at VTS.
What VTS Values & How We Show It
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - quarterly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS is the commercial real estate industry’s only technology company that unifies owners, operators, brokers, and tenants in a single platform to capitalize on opportunities revealed in every square foot of their properties. In 2013, VTS revolutionized the commercial real estate industry’s leasing operations with what is now VTS Lease. Today, the VTS Platform is the largest first-party data source in the industry, transforming how strategic decisions are made and executed by CRE professionals across the globe.
With the VTS Platform, consisting of VTS Lease, VTS Market, VTS Activate, and VTS Data, every business stakeholder in commercial real estate is given real-time market information and workflow tools to do their job with unparalleled speed and intelligence. VTS is the global leader, with more than 60% of Class A office space in the U.S., and 12 billion square feet of office, retail, and industrial space is managed through our platform worldwide. VTS’ user base includes over 45,000 CRE professionals and industry-leading customers such as Blackstone, Brookfield Properties, LaSalle Investment Management, Hines, BXP, Oxford Properties, JLL, and CBRE. To learn more about VTS, and to see our open roles, visit www.vts.com.
VTS maintains offices in New York City, London, Toronto, Chicago, and San Francisco.
To learn more about VTS and to see our open roles, visit us at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.