Senior Engineering Manager
As a Senior Engineering Manager you will be responsible for growing our Access Experience team, driving efficient engineering processes, leading Mobile Experience, Web Experience and Design System teams. You'll guide the direction, roadmap and recruiting of the teams and work with leadership to identify strategic technology investments.
Every day you will run and continuously improve an agile engineering process, be responsible for shipping high-quality products and for your team’s key projects. You will partner with leadership to identify strategic technical investments and ensure delivery of those projects.
To thrive in this role you must have experience in building, growing, and leading multiple teams of engineers. You must have experience in building, shipping, and maintaining web applications and services as well as the experience of using agile methodologies and tools to build products for users at scale in tech organizations. You must have a strong technical background and have managed globally distributed teams that deliver complex, high-quality products.
Here’s what you can expect to do as a Senior Engineering Manager:
- Grow and develop an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around ownership and impact.
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies VTS’ values.
- Run and continuously improve an agile engineering process that empowers engineers with the context, autonomy, and tools needed to do their best work, and promotes shipping high-quality products efficiently and predictably.
- Jointly own the teams’ execution and delivery of the product roadmap in partnership with the Product Manager.
- Partner with engineering leadership in Chicago, Toronto and New York to formulate technical strategy and align teams with company objectives. You’ll create consensus among passionate stakeholders in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Work with leadership to identify strategic technology investments required to support business objectives, and ensure those projects are properly prioritized and delivered.
- Ensure VTS is well represented in and enriches Toronto’s engineering community via events, content, open-source contributions, etc.
- Partner with our recruiting team to source, recruit and onboard talent to VTS.
- Coach and mentor individual team members, creating a structured environment and feedback loop that supports career development and high engagement.
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees! Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration. Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages. Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS is the commercial real estate industry’s only technology company that unifies owners, operators, brokers, and tenants in a single platform to capitalize on opportunities revealed in every square foot of their properties. In 2013, VTS revolutionized the commercial real estate industry’s leasing operations with what is now VTS Lease. Today, the VTS Platform is the largest first-party data source in the industry, transforming how strategic decisions are made and executed by CRE professionals across the globe.
With the VTS Platform, consisting of VTS Lease, VTS Market, VTS Activate, and VTS Data, every business stakeholder in commercial real estate is given real-time market information and workflow tools to do their job with unparalleled speed and intelligence. VTS is the global leader, with more than 60% of Class A office space in the U.S., and 12 billion square feet of office, retail, and industrial space is managed through our platform worldwide. VTS’ user base includes over 45,000 CRE professionals and industry-leading customers such as Blackstone, Brookfield Properties, LaSalle Investment Management, Hines, BXP, Oxford Properties, JLL, and CBRE. To learn more about VTS, and to see our open roles, visit www.vts.com.
VTS maintains offices in New York City, London, Toronto, Chicago, and San Francisco.
To learn more about VTS and to see our open roles, visit us at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
VTS will provide any necessary accommodation during the recruitment and selection process to an employee or applicant with a disability.