Field Operations Manager
Madison, WI, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
Are you a proactive leader with a knack for logistics, operations, and ensuring that every detail aligns with the bigger picture? Do you have the commitment and drive to maintain the highest standard of operations in a fast-paced, client-centric setting? If this sounds like you, we invite you to become an integral part of Understory's mission. As a Field Operations Manager at Understory, you are at the heart of our commitment to delivering unparalleled service and product excellence to our customers. Your pivotal role is to ensure that our proprietary weather stations, which are transforming the way the world understands and measures weather, are seamlessly integrated into the locations and systems of our clients. Your main role responsibilities will include:
- Oversee Installations: Work closely with customers to manage and supervise the installation process of our revolutionary weather stations. Ensure that each installation meets our rigorous standards and client requirements.
- Logistics & Coordination: Handle the intricate logistics involved in deploying our weather stations across various locations, ensuring timely and efficient operations.
- Network Monitoring: Regularly oversee the health and functionality of our deployed weather stations, swiftly identifying and addressing any discrepancies or issues.
- Issue Triage: Be the first point of contact for any operational challenges, swiftly addressing and resolving them to maintain our commitment to unparalleled service.
- Project Management: Own schedules, define key milestones, manage resources, and ensure on-time delivery of projects. Track, assess, and report on project deliverables, ensuring alignment with company objectives.
- Relationship Building: Foster strong relationships with customers, understanding their needs, addressing their concerns, and ensuring they derive maximum value from our products.
- Process Improvement: Constantly evaluate and refine our operational processes, raising the bar on efficiency, resourcefulness, and problem-solving prowess.
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, or a related field.
- Possess at least 3+ years of experience in field operations, project management, or a related discipline.
- Exhibit top-notch organizational skills, with an ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Willingness to travel 25% of the time
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication abilities, both written and verbal.
- Are proactive, solution-focused, and driven by the ambition to exceed customer expectations.
- Have a proven track record of timely project delivery and an ability to operate autonomously.
- Base salary commensurate with experience.
- Full-time benefits.