Sales & Business Development
Madison, WI, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Have you consistently bridged the gap between businesses and their clients, creating lasting relationships and ensuring unparalleled service delivery? Do you thrive in fast-paced, client-centric environments where every interaction matters? If the answer is yes, we invite you to elevate your career with us at Understory. As a Client Manager at Understory, you'll be instrumental in managing, nurturing, and expanding our relationships with our distinguished clientele. Your role goes beyond traditional account management; it's about being the voice of the client within our organization and ensuring that our products and services consistently exceed expectations.In our collaborative, fast-paced environment, you will be surrounded by a team with expertise in weather and climate, insurance, data science, technology, and R&D. Your day-to-day tasks will help shape the underpinnings of a revolution in insurance and your contribution will be integral to our success. Your main role responsibilities will include:
- Manages a book of business through brokerage partner relationships and contributes to the work of a multi-disciplined team.
- Cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with our key clients and understanding their business needs and challenges.
- Collaborating with the sales and product teams to ensure client needs are met and expectations are surpassed.
- Providing regular updates and feedback from clients to internal teams to drive product and service enhancements.
- Developing client growth strategies to upsell and cross-sell our offerings.
- Communicate with clients about risk mitigation opportunities.
- Addressing and resolving client concerns in a timely and effective manner.
- Leading regular review meetings with clients to discuss performance metrics, strategic goals, and program feedback.
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field.
- Possess at least 3 years of experience in client relationship management or a similar role, with a track record of managing high-profile accounts.
- Exhibit exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate a profound understanding of client management tools and techniques.
- Are proactive, solution-oriented, and adept at handling multiple clients, channel partners, and priorities.
- Knowledge of commercial property insurance and renewal decision life cycle.
- Have experience with auto dealership groups (not mandatory, a plus).
- Base salary commensurate with experience.
- Full-time benefits.