Revenue Operations Director
We're hizring a Revenue Operations Director who will be responsible for developing intelligence across the revenue funnel and improving the systems, processes and data that support the revenue functions at theSkimm. They will facilitate business planning, goal-setting, and establishing an analytical framework for revenue.
Here’s a bit more about what we’re looking for:
Analysis & Reporting
- Maintain/optimize bespoke dashboards & reports to understand business health & track progress to goals
- Oversee short-term and long-term capacity and sell thru projections (including weekly, monthly, quarterly and full-year projections) / revenue forecast
- Track KPIs related to overall sales performance (e.g. bookings, pipeline..update current weekly sales reporting structure to better align with business needs in partnership with sales leadership)
- Build Bi-weekly Sales Pipeline decks for status check & to facilitate shared learnings
- Town Halls, Board Decks, Business Line Reviews
- Strategic & ad hoc business intelligence reporting
- Identify revenue performance trends through the proactive analysis of reports & dashboards
- Establish the metrics and visibility to understand ICP and the entire customer lifecycle, from lead generation through deal close and account development
- Automate reporting wherever possible to drive advanced analytics and insights
Current System Management - CRM/OMS Administration (currently Boostr)
- General administration & system ownership and maintenance
- Audit data to ensure accuracy and usefulness of data; including but not limited to pipeline accuracy, account assignments to sales team and hierarchical alignment
- In partnership with innovation team, establish new products and packaging related to new ad products
- Data collection tags & analysis, such as closed-lost reasons
- Create documents & lead trainings with across the company on new best practices and system changes
- Support any technical / system based transitions that impact revenue and inventory management
- Manage relationship, contract and lead large-scale CRM migration from Boostr to Salesforce in Fall 2024
- Own inbound leads funnel & reporting via SFDC to provide better insight into leads-driving activities & conversion by client, category, deal size, etc
- Develop, execute, measure strategic/tactical yield/inventory management via SFDC for both ad product & packages portfolio, including related reporting
Pipeline Review Meeting
- Prepare deck and lead bi-weekly pipeline review meeting
- Collaborate with sales management & finance teams to develop, implement territory assignments and quotas
- Pricing Strategy: Collaborate with Innovation on pricing strategy to diversify & drive growth
- Rate cards, incl. annual & seasonal rates, incentives & upfronts
- Pricing exceptions/approvals based on value of a deal (reporting herein)
- Work in tight coordination with Ad Innovation, Brand Strategy & Creative Studios leads on new initiative launches to implement correct revenue measurement strategy
What will set this person apart
- Highly efficient in Excel & Google Sheet experience
- SQL proficiency a plus
The expected annual base salary for this role is $125,000-$135,000. We’ll consider a variety of factors when determining the offered base salary including an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, abilities, experience, location, market demands, and internal parity.
Why our employees love working here
We are mission driven and values driven:
We are collectively building an impactful brand to empower generations of informed, confident women. Our vision is for every woman to have the info they need to navigate a complex world and the decisions in it. Every role has a purpose and allows us to provide useful information succinctly and contextualized. We tee her up to take action - whichever action is right for her, wherever she is.
We are values driven at every point - how we work, the way we work and our culture come straight from our core values. Each of us supports this incredible brand and takes part in its continued growth, fulfilling the needs of our audience each and every day.
We put you and your personal lives first - we have a generous benefits policy that demonstrates we are listening to what our employees need:
- Unlimited vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- Encouraged time off on your birthday and Skimm’versary
- A hybrid working model with flexibility for remote work
- Comprehensive insurance plans and commuter benefits
- Auto-enrollment into an Empower 401(k) plan starting on your first day and employer contribution available after one year of employment
- Rewards for every work anniversary
- One month paid sabbatical after your five year Skimm’versary as a full-time employee
We support our parents at all points on their journey:
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave (adoption, fostering and surrogacy included)
- Bereavement leave for pregnancy loss
- Phased return to work schedule availability
- Flexibility based on parental schedules
- Access to family building and fertility benefits
- Flexible and broad-scale child support program
Your well being is our priority:
- We honor Sacred Time in our workplace
- We have aligned company “time off” during the summer to truly allow for us all to break from our work at the same time
- We offer fitness membership reimbursement
- One Medical Membership is included with our benefits
We have a vibrant, collaborative, and supportive culture (we celebrate and have fun!):
- Weekly company updates led by our executive team
- Employee Resource Groups
- Annual employee award ceremony to celebrate individual accomplishments
- Clubs and activities designed to meet other employees like book clubs, new hire buddy programs, off-sites, and wellness focused classes
- Numerous culture events that enable our workforce, in the office and remote, to connect and have fun
Your career and development are a priority:
- Annual learning and development stipend
- LEAD@theSkimm, our leadership development program
- DEI initiatives to ensure we are the best partners and colleagues to each other
- Career development guidance and planning
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking, and diverse group of people building a media company that makes it easier to live smarter
About the office
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY with flexibility for remote work.
Our office is available to use three days a week - Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. We have a hybrid environment and ask that employees within the New York Metro area come together in person a minimum of three days per month. All other days are up to the discretion of the employees during the three days a week that the office will be open.
Our story, Skimm’d
We are a digital media company, dedicated to succinctly giving women the information they need to make confident decisions. We make it easier to live smarter.
At our core, we are writers, editors, producers, designers, marketers, engineers, analysts, sellers, creatives, and strategists all working together to achieve this goal.
Every day we’re breaking down the news, trends, policies, and politics that impact women so that they can navigate their daily lives and futures – from managing their paychecks to casting their ballots – with confidence. We provide our dedicated audience of millions with reliable, non-partisan, information, informing and empowering them while fitting into their daily routines.
Since disrupting the media landscape and defining a new category a decade ago, we have become a trusted source for our audience of millions by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way they consume news and make decisions. Today theSkimm ecosystem includes the Daily Skimm, the Daily Skimm: Weekend, Skimm Money and Skimm Your Life newsletters, B2B marketer’s newsletter The SKM Report, “9 to 5ish with theSkimm” podcast, theSkimm mobile app. We also house Skimm Studios which creates innovative in-house video and audio content, and our in-house creative agency SKM Lab, which conceptualizes, develops, and produces innovative solutions and content for brands to engage with generations of informed women. Our first book, How to Skimm Your Life debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list. Through Skimm Impact, our purpose-driven platform, we are proud to support get-out-the-vote efforts with Skimm Your Ballot, which has spurred more than two million voting-related actions across the last four election cycles. We have mobilized hundreds of companies to join our #ShowUsYourLeave movement, which has created transparency and pushed for progress for Paid Family Leave in the U.S. And we’re empowering women to take agency of their lives and control of their futures through our State of Women initiative, grounded in a study conducted by The Harris Poll.
Come join us!
Learn more about us and our other opportunities here.