ABOUT OUR TEAM AND WHAT WE’LL BUILD TOGETHER
theSkimm’s Sales team is a growing group of experienced, resourceful, and scrappy hustlers. We pull out all of the stops to get sh*t done, whether that’s working with agencies and clients directly, seeking out third-party partnerships to drive incremental revenue alongside top of the funnel growth, or contributing to the growth and efficiency of our pre and post-sales operations.
This position will support Account Executives by working with the broader Sales Strategy and cross-functional teams to establish and grow revenue-generating accounts in all presale-related activities; including assisting in proactive outreach, media planning in the RFP process, and inventory management. This role will report to the Manager, Account Management (NY). This job has a target start date of January 2024.
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO OUR MISSION
- Apply expertise of theSkimm’s bespoke product catalog to build strategic media plans in agency/client templates & internal management systems based on rate and inventory guidelines, client KPIs, and packaging strategies
- Act as the right-hand partner to Account Executives in the sales process, meticulously shepherding deals from pre-sale to close, including but not limited to identifying potential leads, nurturing client relationships by managing correspondence, providing media plan revisions, flighting, specs, production timelines, benchmarks, and required assets
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams like Production, Brand Strategy, Growth Marketing, and Revenue Operations to build first-to-market opportunities that can be leveraged for RFPs or added to theSkimm’s product suite
- Spearhead proactive outreach efforts for sponsors of major tentpole opportunities and end-of-quarter sales incentives
- Update and maintain order management systems, including but not limited to; proposal entries, revisions, status updates, and calendar reservations for media placements across all Skimm products throughout the lifecycle of the campaign
- Transition sold campaigns to the Client Services team, ensuring a smooth transition from pre-to-post sale and a success campaign launch
- Collaborate with Sales Insights team to review and analyze campaign performance, identifying upsell opportunities by translating data into actionable sales strategies
YOU’RE READY FOR THIS! HERE’S A BIT MORE ABOUT WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in digital Account Management or Media Planning in a client-facing role at a digital media publisher
- Knowledgeable of sales & digital publishing process across bespoke advertising solutions including but not limited to: native content creation across newsletter, podcast, social, video, web, and experiential.
- Interest in advancing to a Account Executive role will be considered a significant plus
- Familiar with CRM and OMS softwares like Boostr, Salesforce, or Operative.One
- Exceptionally details and organized individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic mindset and a solution-oriented attitude, capable of being flexible and effectively dealing with changes in priorities or ambiguity
- Thrive working in a fast-paced, multitasking, deadline-oriented environment
- Bachelor's degree required
The role will be a hybrid of working remotely, as well as from our office HQ in Manhattan up to three days a week (Tuesdays to Thursdays).
The expected annual base salary for this role is $70,000-$80,000. We’ll consider a variety of factors when determining the offered base salary including an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, abilities, experience, location, market demands, and internal parity.
Why our employees love working here
We are mission driven and values driven:
We are collectively building an impactful brand to empower generations of informed, confident women. Our vision is for every woman to have the info they need to navigate a complex world and the decisions in it. Every role has a purpose and allows us to provide useful information succinctly and contextualized. We tee her up to take action - whichever action is right for her, wherever she is.
We are values driven at every point - how we work, the way we work and our culture come straight from our core values. Each of us supports this incredible brand and takes part in its continued growth, fulfilling the needs of our audience each and every day.
We put you and your personal lives first - we have a generous benefits policy that demonstrates we are listening to what our employees need:
- Unlimited vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- Encouraged time off on your birthday and Skimm’versary
- A hybrid working model with flexibility for remote work
- Comprehensive insurance plans and commuter benefits
- Auto-enrollment into an Empower 401(k) plan starting on your first day and employer contribution available after one year of employment
- Rewards for every work anniversary
- One month paid sabbatical after your five year Skimm’versary as a full-time employee
We support our parents at all points on their journey:
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave (adoption, fostering and surrogacy included)
- Bereavement leave for pregnancy loss
- Phased return to work schedule availability
- Flexibility based on parental schedules
- Access to family building and fertility benefits
- Flexible and broad-scale child support program
Your well being is our priority:
- We honor Sacred Time in our workplace
- We have aligned company “time off” during the summer to truly allow for us all to break from our work at the same time
- We offer fitness membership reimbursement
- One Medical Membership is included with our benefits
We have a vibrant, collaborative, and supportive culture (we celebrate and have fun!):
- Weekly company updates led by our executive team
- Employee Resource Groups
- Annual employee award ceremony to celebrate individual accomplishments
- Clubs and activities designed to meet other employees like book clubs, new hire buddy programs, off-sites, and wellness focused classes
- Numerous culture events that enable our workforce, in the office and remote, to connect and have fun
Your career and development are a priority:
- Annual learning and development stipend
- LEAD@theSkimm, our leadership development program
- DEI initiatives to ensure we are the best partners and colleagues to each other
- Career development guidance and planning
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking, and diverse group of people building a media company that makes it easier to live smarter
Our story, Skimm’d
We are a digital media company, dedicated to succinctly giving women the information they need to make confident decisions. We make it easier to live smarter.
At our core, we are writers, editors, producers, designers, marketers, engineers, analysts, sellers, creatives, and strategists all working together to achieve this goal.
Every day we’re breaking down the news, trends, policies, and politics that impact women so that they can navigate their daily lives and futures – from managing their paychecks to casting their ballots – with confidence. We provide our dedicated audience of millions with reliable, non-partisan, information, informing and empowering them while fitting into their daily routines.
Since disrupting the media landscape and defining a new category a decade ago, we have become a trusted source for our audience of millions by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way they consume news and make decisions. Today theSkimm ecosystem includes the Daily Skimm, the Daily Skimm: Weekend, Skimm Money and Skimm Your Life newsletters, B2B marketer’s newsletter The SKM Report, “9 to 5ish with theSkimm” podcast, theSkimm mobile app. We also house Skimm Studios which creates innovative in-house video and audio content, and our in-house creative agency SKM Lab, which conceptualizes, develops, and produces innovative solutions and content for brands to engage with generations of informed women. Our first book, How to Skimm Your Life debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list. Through Skimm Impact, our purpose-driven platform, we are proud to support get-out-the-vote efforts with Skimm Your Ballot, which has spurred more than two million voting-related actions across the last four election cycles. We have mobilized hundreds of companies to join our #ShowUsYourLeave movement, which has created transparency and pushed for progress for Paid Family Leave in the U.S. And we’re empowering women to take agency of their lives and control of their futures through our State of Women initiative, grounded in a study conducted by The Harris Poll.
Come join us!
Learn more about us and our other opportunities here.