Retail Area Manager
The Black Tux
Sales & Business Development
Santa Monica, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2024
The Black Tux is reinventing the formal wear industry so people can show up at their best on the days that matter most. The company designs and manufactures modern suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free. Using a combination of machine learning, tailor-trained fit specialists, and industry-leading customer service, The Black Tux guarantees a perfect fit every time.
The Black Tux is looking for an engaging Retail Area Manager to help us build our retail presence in Santa Monica, CA Showroom and surrounding areas. The candidate will work with the Retail VP and Director to develop the foundation for our retail business and community presence in multiple cities throughout California. We are looking for an individual who can work in a fast-paced environment and has great interpersonal skills. In this role, you will focus on executing processes and procedures that help us consistently provide an amazing customer experience, ensure that the showroom exceeds performance targets, and maintain brand consistency. This role will be based out of our Santa Monica Showroom.
What You'll Do
- Manage all employees, operations, budgeting, planning, and visual merchandising for the Santa Monica Showroom as well as up to 8 Area Nordstrom locations
- Build a team of high-performing TBT Showroom associates and TBT Nordstrom ambassadors
- Provide ongoing training and development for all team members
- Manage scheduling and time-off matters for all TBT Showroom associates and TBT Nordstrom ambassadors
- Communicate as a showroom leader across all showrooms including sales and KPIs
- Develop risk management and safety procedures to ensure the protection of company inventory and assets
- Assist with Showroom or Nordstrom launches as the business requires
- Embody our values and effectively convey our brand philosophy to customers and employees
Who You Are
- 8-10 years of retail or related industry experience with a minimum 5 years in management
- Proven record of hiring, managing, developing, and retaining a team
- Excellent interdepartmental communicator who is not afraid to share feedback to improve customer experience
- Independent work ethic, highly organized in time management skills, and personal accountability
- Innovative, positive, proactive team player
- Proficient in technology such as Google Suite or Microsoft Office
- Willingness to travel to stores within the CA or surrounding areas
- Experience as a vendor or partner within a department store is a plus
- Previous remote leadership is a plus
- Bachelor's degree is a plus
Perks & Benefits
- We pay people equally and based on market compensation data
- We provide a 401(k) plan through Betterment
- Equity in the company with employee stock options to have a stake in the company
- Our Health, dental, and vision plans are competitive, and we cover 100% of employee coverage and 50% of dependents
- Open vacation time
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Apple equipment and additional technology for productivity
- Employee events and training
- Free suit rentals
Our people are the most important asset to us. Our benefits, perks, pay, and culture reflect this in every decision we make.
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Notice to California Job Applicants disclosed here.
There has been a wave of recruitment scams happening across our industry so here are some things to keep an eye out for: during our interview process we will never ask candidates for money, send unsolicited job offers or employee contracts, ask for sensitive personal information, require any fees or access to any financial accounts, conduct text-only interviews, or hold interviews on social media platforms or online chats. We're including a link on job scams and how to avoid them from the Federal Trade Commission for anyone who would like to learn more.