Supply Chain Manager
The Black Tux
gardena, ca, usa
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
The Black Tux is reinventing the formalwear rental industry so people can show up at their best on the days that matter most. The company designs and manufactures modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free. Using a combination of machine learning, tailor-trained fit specialists, and industry-leading customer service, The Black Tux guarantees a perfect fit every time.
The Supply Chain Manager’s role is to own and improve the entire supply chain operation, from development to production through logistics and delivery. This person will be the main point of contact for over 20 vendor partners ranging from raw materials and finished goods suppliers to domestic partners as well as global freight providers.The Supply Chain Manager will also own the day to day communication with multiple internal TBT teams such as planning, operations, inventory control, customer care, accounting, tech design, marketing, and merchandising. This role will report to the Senior Director of Supply Chain, and will manage a Supply Chain Coordinator direct report.
What You’ll Do
- Main point of contact for 15+ vendor partners in finished goods, raw materials, and freight, disseminating the information to the appropriate TBT teammates and constructively creating a plan of action when required.
- Direct Manager of the Supply Chain Coordinator. Working very closely with this person to ensure their work is done in a timely and effective manner. You will be responsible for their goals that roll up into the larger KPI’s, as well as their continued growth and understanding of the TBT supply chain as a whole.
- Work hand in hand with the TBT Merchandising and Planning teams to ensure accurate forecasting and purchase orders are being sent to our finished goods vendor in the agreed upon timeframe spelled out in the booking calendar.
- Manage the production, shipping, and receiving of samples needed for development, quality inspections, counter sourcing, etc. Collaborating with technical design throughout the entire process from concept to approval. Manage the receipt and storage of approved TOP samples in a secure location, as well as the yearly cleanup and turnover of these samples.
- Support TBT accounting team in achieving the 3 way match between ASN, Invoice, and physical receipt of goods. This will require regular communication with our receiving and finance teams during delivering and receiving processes.
- Review and report any changes to delivery on a weekly basis, communicating the variance clearly and concisely to all necessary teams and ensuring accurate data is up to date and on time in all necessary systems and locations.
- Own all international and domestic freight bookings for finished goods shipments. This includes our primary global freight partner as well as local partners. Support both warehouses in any domestic freight and stock transfers that are required throughout the year. This includes booking the freight as well as helping with capacity constraints as a result of the transfers.
- Process ownership and build out of the go to market calendar. Working with other critical department leads to ensure all dates and gates are documented and shared out. This process is key to delivering new products on a timely and consistent basis.
- Act as the main point of contact for the warehouse operations and strategy teams, partnering with and supporting them on projects to improve quality, efficiency, data accuracy, and capacity.
Who You Are
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a logistics or supply chain role. Apparel industry strongly preferred but not required.
- A Self Starter: Has the ability to recognize a problem or opportunity, and then initiate the actions and process to attack it.
- Proficient in excel / google sheets. With a working knowledge of pivot tables and all basic formulas
- Experience with managing logistics and booking freight through a third party freight partner.
- Excellent communication skills with outside vendors and internal peers (both verbal and written).
- Problem solver and solutions seeker, driven by results and uses data as a tool.
- Ability to work and thrive in a cross functional team environment.
- Optimistic mindset and ability to stay positive when communicating difficult news or decisions.
- Desire to work in a startup environment that is constantly changing and frequently ambiguous.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Perks & Benefits At The Black Tux
- We pay people equally and based on market compensation data
- We provide a 401(k) plan through Betterment
- Equity in the company with employee stock options to have a stake in the company
- Our Health, dental and vision plans are competitive, and we cover 100% of employee coverage and 50% of dependents
- Open vacation time
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- TBT Women’s Group
- TBT Diversity and Inclusion Group
- Apple equipment or whatever you need to be productive
- Monthly employee events and trainings
- Free suit rentals
Our people are the most important asset to us. Our benefits, perks, pay and culture reflect this in every decision we make. If you want to learn more about us, check out our Culture Book.
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Notice to California Job Applicants disclosed here.