Community Care Advocate (Part Time)
Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is a comprehensive mental health solution for employers and health plans. Unlike any other solution, we use clinically validated technology called Precision Mental Healthcare to pinpoint and deliver exactly what will work for each person — whether that’s meditation, coaching, therapy, medication, and beyond.
Today, Spring Health equips over 800 companies, from start-ups to multinational Fortune 500 corporations, as a leading and preferred mental health service. Companies like J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., Microsoft, J.B. Hunt, Bumble, and Instacart use the Spring Health platform to provide mental health services to thousands of their team members globally. We have raised over $370 million from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, and many more. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2.5 billion.
The Community Care Advocate offers a convenient and timely resource for the employees of a nationwide retailer with over 1,000 locations to receive immediate connections to community and company resources. This role can further serve as a partner to help remove social determinants of health and other related challenges presented by this company's employees. This role will sit onsite at this client’s headquarters in Media, PA and will serve employees across the continental United States.
What you’ll be doing:
- Identify and make referrals for work-life, financial & legal, and basic needs support
- Link employees to appropriate local and national resources via one-on-one consultation and referral list(s), which may include basic needs (housing, food, transportation, etc.), financial, legal, daily living and other work-life support resources and provide support throughout applications and follow-ups as needed
- Work with customer internal care teams on behalf of those employees in need of emergency funding and resource referrals.
- Offer consultation related to navigating mental health resources (local and national) and available workplace benefits, such as onsite Mental Health Coaches, work life articles and guidebooks to the team members of the customer
- Assist in actively linking employees to appropriate mental health treatment options (i.e Spring Health, behavioral health through medical insurance, emergent behavioral health services, and community resources) and provide support throughout applications and follow-ups as needed.
- Documenting and tracking of metrics/outcomes that include but not limited to; reason for social work involvement (resource need type), demographics of employees (as available), referrals placed (where, when) and success of referrals (connection rate, outcome of referral).
- Represent Spring Health and help to support/reinforce program parameters and goals.
- Communicate with local points of contact and cascade any needs to Spring Health partners through routine meetings and touch-points.
- Submit reporting documentation of all client and organizational activities on a routine and timely basis.
- Attend customer meetings as requested/appropriate.
What we expect from you:
- A masters in Social Work from an accredited university.
- Experience working with diverse populations and backgrounds within the social work industry.
- Experience and a depth of knowledge with connecting individuals to resources locally and outside of your local communities. Ideally 3-5 years.
- Ability to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Flexibility and creativity when approaching workplace challenges.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Acknowledgment and embracing diversity and inclusion amongst teams and clients.
- Motivated to go above and beyond for members to provide a high-touch experience.
- Tech-savvy: must be comfortable using various computer platforms and working in a tech enabled environment.
- Experience helping organizations manage evolving workforce environments and norms is a plus.
- Experience connecting individuals to resources quickly in times of crisis is a plus.
- Experience assisting individuals through burnout, managing work-life balance, dealing with trauma and/or traumatic events is a plus.
- Experience working with lower income populations who experience challenges such as food insecurity and housing instability is a plus.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus but not required.
The target salary range for this position is $31.25/hr - $39.66/hr, and is part of a competitive total rewards package including stock options, benefits, and incentive pay for eligible roles. Individual pay may vary from the target range and is determined by a number of factors including experience, location, internal pay equity, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs annually at minimum to ensure competitive and fair pay.
Don’t meet every requirement? Studies have shown that women, communities of color and historically underrepresented talent are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Spring Health we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we strongly encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
Ready to do the most impactful work of your life? Learn more about our values, how we work, and how hypergrowth meets impact at Spring Health: Our Values
Hypergrowth Meets Impact
What to expect working here:
- You will be held accountable to an exceptionally high bar and impact
- This may be the fastest work environment you will ever experience in terms of growth, decision-making, and time to impact
- You will be challenged to set and protect your own boundaries
- You will create processes & products that have never existed before
- You will have very direct conversations and receive continuous feedback to push you to become the highest performer you can be
- Change is a constant here: your role, team, responsibilities, and success metrics will shift as the company grows
- You get to be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the field
- You get to learn and grow at an extremely accelerated pace
- You will experience transparency, integrity, & humility from leadership
- You will be empowered to constantly challenge the status quo
- You get the space to experiment & innovate
- You get to make a transformational impact for the company, mental health, and for real human lives — and you will see that impact quickly
- You will become more resourceful and resilient
- You get to be part of a winning team that opens doors in the future
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.