Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
We are looking for a finance professional to help support our Space Services and Technology & Engineering organizations within Spire. This role will help support the General Manager of Space Services across the breadth of the P&L and Spire’s Chief Technology Officer by helping optimize expenses and CAPEX and developing other key metrics and indicators for finance controls in this area.
The successful candidate needs to enjoy working in a challenging, fast-paced environment where they can have a significant impact on the success of the organization. This position provides an exciting opportunity to focus on multiple areas of the business and grow the scope of the role in line with the growth and complexity of the business.
The position will be located in Glasgow and will report directly to the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager. Spire operates in a hybrid capacity and employees are expected to be onsite at our offices 3x per week.
What You’ll Do:
- Support/manage end-to-end forecast/budgeting process for two of Spire’s key business units which includes in depth analytics on critical financial indicators and dashboards.
- Produce accurate and timely reporting (actual and forecasts) and develop business practices in line with expanding operations
- Generate key financial and business metrics in order to drive improved business decisions
- Assist with the preparation of accurate and timely annual budgets, monthly forecasts and strategic analysis in support of Spire’s long-term strategic priorities
- Partner and provide financial support to multiple departments with monthly financial statements, management packages and ad hoc financial and trend analysis
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field.
- 2+ years of progressive experience in Finance.
- Advanced level of skill Excel/MS Office.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with flawless attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate results.
- Ability to partner cross-functionally at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with financial accounting software (preferably NetSuite and
Workday Adaptive Insights).
In addition to base compensation, this role may be eligible for annual equity awards and our employee benefits program, including vacation, sick, and personal time off; optional medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage; a 401(K) plan; health and wellness reimbursement program; and participation in Spire’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. #LIJP-1
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.