Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
The role of FP&A Manager will report into the Head of FP&A for Spire. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of Sales Commissions calculation (including design of sales plans), consolidation of financials for Spire’s global operations, as well as supporting budget, close and reporting and variance analysis activities.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the processes of reporting and consolidation of multiple business units into a cohesive company wide plan and model
- Supervise all commercial financial activities, from order bookings and ARR computations to contract detailed clause evaluation and planning
- Lead commissions plan, computations and pay outs for the global sales team
- Support Revenue Recognition discussions on the commercial side for project driven contracts
- Supervise all of the expense planning, tracking and variance analysis reporting for backoffice functions and corporate support functions (HR, Legal, Finance, Marketing, Investor Relations, Executive)
- Develop a set of metrics for the organization to deploy a balanced scorecard, including service, quality, sales, margins, and HR.
- Continuously evaluate areas for process improvement and automation to support an efficient and scalable financial infrastructure
- Manage maintenance and administration of company’s EPM system
- Lead ad hoc financial modeling and analysis for special projects
- This role may have up to 2 direct reports for the right candidate
Who You Are:
- Bachelors in business or accounting; CPA /MBA preferred
- 10 years of FP&A experience with at least 3 years of managerial experience
- Strong analytical skills; Excellent command of Excel modeling is a must
- ERP experience, preferable NetSuite or Oracle
- Experience with Adaptive Insights EPM and HubSpot CRM is a plus
- Strong Experience with reporting writing and dashboarding skills software like Power BI or Tableau
- Strong communication skills in both Oral and Written English… collaborative in a multi-functional setting
- Experience with contract cost accounting and revenue recognition in both manufacturing and SaaS settings
- Mature executive presence – ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment
- Proven problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments with a high degree of autonomy and accountability
- Used to working in a global and fast paced environment with FX and time-zone challenges/demands
- Multi-lingual skills a plus (German, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese)
- Excellent teamwork ethic
This role will be in our Cambridge ON, Canada office or in our HQ in Washington DC, USA. Spire operates a hybrid work model, and this position will require you to work a minimum of three days per week in office.
Access to US export controlled software and/or technology may be required.
In addition to base compensation, this role may be eligible for annual equity award and our employee benefits program, including vacation, sick, and personal time off; optional medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage; a 401(K) plan; health and wellness reimbursement program; and participation in Spire’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. #LIJP1
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.