Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced individual for the position of Project Buyer to join our purchasing team reporting to the Purchasing Manager. As part of the Satellite Platform team, you will help us define and execute the processes required to obtain the materials needed to build spacecraft within the purpose-built facility in Glasgow.
- Representing Supply Chain, the Project Buyer will be responsible and accountable for all Purchasing activities directly relating to Project execution.
- Ability to interrogate project-driven demand and vendor selection based on capacity, capability, market awareness, quality, cost and lead time.
- Identify, escalate and mitigate potential risk through appropriate channels to ensure material availability deadline is met.
- Prepare and lead internal and external stakeholder meetings, capture actions, take ownership and drive resolution.
- Recognising the wider impact that Supply Chain actions have on project landscape and ensuring that any outstanding tasks are completed within agreed timescales.
- External vendor relationship management, including forecasting and scheduling of capacity and adherence to lead time and cost reduction.
- Hold vendors accountable to their contractual commitments through regular Open Order Book management meetings, and be able to challenge decommits, expedite and escalate where required.
- Maintain high level of data integrity through the MRP system to facilitate accurate reporting metrics.
- Hands on experience of full P2P process, with particular focus on sourcing activities, RFQ cycle, and scheduling POs to a defined Project plan.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience of working within a manufacturing-based environment with exposure to schedule-led project execution
- Experience of mechanical and electrical components highly advantageous
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally with internal stakeholders, Project Managers, Engineering, Planning, Quality & Finance
- Experience with building professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and vendors
- Robust working knowledge of all Purchasing related activities and processes
- Project management skills
- Good team player with strong inter-personal skills
- Professional communication, both written & verbal
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Knowledge of systems – MRP system, Netsuite/Oracle or similar
- Competent in MS Office, including Word, Excel & Power Point
- Able to work on your own initiative and self-motivated with a positive approach.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and confidence to communicate at all levels within a culturally diverse workforce.
Spire operates a hybrid work model, and this position will require you to work a minimum of three days per week in office.
Access to US export controlled software and/or technology may also be required. #LI-DC1
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.