Inside Sales Representative, Maritime
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Spire Maritime is seeking a talented, self-directed Inside Sales Representative to drive the adoption of Spire’s space-based data and analytics products. You will have the opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of our adoption across numerous industries within the US and EMEA. In this role, you will create the first impression for our prospective customers through business development activities and follow-ups on inquiries from our marketing initiatives. You should have an interest in or are considering sales as a career path, and ideally, a maritime or data-based educational background (a recent graduate with no prior work experience is welcome to apply). You will actively qualify and close inbound sales leads, develop and close pipeline via outbound campaigns and work with marketing on strategic list creation.
This role is based out of our Washington DC office (hybrid arrangement possible).
- Communicating with customers, making outbound calls to potential customers, and following up on inbound leads.
- Combining your educational background to an understanding of a customers' potential needs and identifying qualified sales opportunities or potential upcoming RFP/RFQ opportunities for us to bid on.
- Answering potential customers' questions and sending additional information per email or webchat.
- Willing to work in a structured, metric-based role whereby expected to make over 30 calls a day and create new business opportunities leading to monthly closed transactions
- Proactive reach out to target customers via Linked In / email/phone / other channels.
- Keeping up with our products and updates.
- Maintaining our CRM
- Researching and qualifying new leads, including dial-downs for upcoming events and product announcements.
- Closing sales and helping to achieve sales targets.
- Interest in sales and the new space industry
- BA or BS degree in any Maritime or data field or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills, and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Access to US export controlled software and/or technology may be required.