Technical Project Manager, Space Services
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Through Spire Space Services, customers build and operate their own satellite constellations on top of Spire’s proven satellite, ground, and web infrastructure. In your role, you will be instrumental in our customers’ success, managing the schedule and budget of the deployment of their applications to space.
We are looking for ambitious early-career project managers with a technical background seeking to take the next step in their career; building close relationships with internal and external stakeholders, delivering operational excellence, and using technology in space to improve life on Earth.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of project management from initial planning, through execution and monitoring, to project completion, including a focus on timely delivery, budgets, resource allocation and management, and scope management. The role also includes providing technical support to Space Services customers during the operations phase of a project or mission. As this is a customer-facing role, you will directly interface with representatives with customer teams and will be responsible for documenting and communicating essential information as well as leading discussions or initiatives to drive desired outcomes and conclusions.
The successful candidate will work with a variety of stakeholders to ensure deliverables and milestones are met within scope and budget. This role will work across several departments to ensure aspects of various projects are compatible with resources to fulfil project requirements.
- Develop and manage comprehensive project plans to enable appropriate resourcing, execution, monitoring and control
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget
- Interface with procurement, manufacturing and engineering disciplines to manage inter-team collaboration and deliveries.
- Perform proactive risk management, actively working to mitigate and retire project risks
- Develop high-level knowledge of Spire satellite, payload, and operations systems to assist customers in addressing and resolving operations needs, escalating to and working with Spire technical teams and subject matter experts as required
- Proactively communicate to relevant stakeholders when events (e.g. outages or anomalies) impact the customer mission and take ownership of mitigation and resolution of issues accordingly
- Provide detailed technical information (system logs, operational parameters, environment observations, etc) for customer-impacting events.
- Develop and maintain customer-facing documentation required to support programs or missions.
- Monitor general on-orbit performance against Service Level Agreements (SLAs) of customer satellite(s) and payloads for US Space Services missions
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in project and/or engineering leadership
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering, aeronautical or applicable field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience interfacing directly with customers
- Experience providing technical support and troubleshooting complex issues
- Strong English language verbal and written communications
- Experience with resource, scope, and plan management
- Experience driving multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience supporting customers in the use of APIs or other software-based service interfaces
- Experience with spacecraft operations or space environments
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity and issues
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information appropriate for audience
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills with the ability to win the confidence of highly skilled engineers and executive staff alike
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Something looks off?