Senior Project Manager, Space Services
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Through Spire Space Services, customers build and operate their own satellite constellations on top of Spire’s proven satellite, ground, and web infrastructure. In your role, you will be instrumental in our customers’ success, managing the schedule and budget of the deployment of their applications to space.
We are looking for ambitious project managers seeking to take the next step in their career; building close relationships with internal and external stakeholders, delivering operational excellence, and using technology in space to improve life on Earth.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of project management from initial planning, through execution and monitoring, to project completion, including a focus on timely delivery, budgets, resource allocation and management, and scope management. The role also includes providing support, planning and oversight to proposals for new projects. As this is a customer-facing role, you will directly interface with representatives with customer teams and will be responsible for documenting and communicating essential information as well as leading discussions or initiatives to drive desired outcomes and conclusions.
The successful candidate will work with a variety of stakeholders to ensure deliverables and milestones are met within scope and budget. This role will work across several departments to ensure aspects of various projects are compatible with resources to fulfill project requirements.
- Serve as the customer's primary point of contact during the project and ensure full customer satisfaction throughout
- Lead development and maintenance of comprehensive project plans to enable appropriate resourcing, execution, monitoring and control
- Drive and influence on-time, within scope, and within budget delivery of projects
- Lead collaboration with procurement, manufacturing and engineering disciplines to manage project deliveries
- Perform proactive risk management, actively working to mitigate and retire project risks
- Develop high-level knowledge of Spire satellite, payload, and operations systems to assist customers during the development of their service with Spire, escalating to and working with Spire technical teams and subject matter experts as required
- Lead development of schedules, scope, risk and cost assessments for new project proposals
- Sound business judgement and ability to solve complex problems
- Negotiating and influencing skills, establishing and maintaining relationships that promote a successful project outcome
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing complex projects in defence, aerospace or similar industry
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering, or applicable field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience interfacing directly with commercial customers
- Experience with resource, scope, and schedule management
- Experience driving multiple projects simultaneously
- Adept at building consensus across cross-functional teams
- Strong English language verbal and written communications
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification or equivalent
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking
- Flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity and issues
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills with the ability to win the confidence of highly skilled engineers and executive staff alike
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft products
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Something looks off?