Python C, C++ Developer
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Spire is seeking a qualified Software Engineer to support the development and operational deployment of a novel microwave sounder designed for a small satellite constellation.
As a Software Engineer, you will contribute to the engineering advancement of the passive space borne microwave sounder, support the design and implementation of the software architecture for the payload, advise engineering development team on system development, support the operationalisation of the payload interfacing regularly with the space segment and ground segment software teams and apply your subject matter expertise as needed in support of the evolution of our microwave payload for our clients of national meteorological institutions and climate scientists.
- Architect, implement, and test the next generation features of Spire’s Space advanced microwave technologies embedded software applications in accordance with engineering best practices.
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary engineering team to define and implement features to support Space and Sensor software requirements.
- Participate in design and code reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback.
- Plan and estimate software tasks.
- Improve your skills by keeping up on the latest software tools, techniques and processes.
- BEng or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or closely related field
- At least 5 years of related experience in software engineering for hardware systems
- High degree of proficiency in software development in Python
- Detailed knowledge on at least one framework
- Able to build new APIs from scratch.
- Knowledge on parallelisation, numerical libraries
- Good understanding on performance bottlenecks
- Willingness to develop high quality mission critical code, using static typing, dynamic validators, with unit/integration and code coverage tests
- Good understanding on best practices for shell scripting and automation
- Dashboard application frameworks, such as Panel, Bokeh, Dash, Plotly, Grafana
- Experience on scientific, instrumentation or mission critical SW development
- Yocto or FPGA development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status
Something looks off?