Sales Engineer - 12 months Fixed Term Contract
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
You will be joining a driven, hands-on and collaborative Aviation team and support in bringing competitive and unique data products to the market. You will engage directly with both sales and customers daily to understand customer requirements, needs and expectations, and work closely with Product and Engineering to develop and deliver state-of-the-art customer-driven solutions that differentiate Spire as a data and analytics provider
As an Aviation Solution Sales Engineer, you will be the primary technical contact and product expert for customers on behalf of Spire's Aviation products. With 100+ million aircraft positional updates from around the world connected every day, you will immerse yourself in the data, enable and support customer access to Aviation APIs and data solutions, identify data anomalies, help solve challenging customer questions around the nature and condition of the data, as well as collaborate daily with the product and engineering team, create visualizations and support prospective and current customers. You will feel comfortable pulling together as part of a small, friendly, agile and focussed team to achieve shared goals.
Successful candidates will have a good balance of experience with SaaS applications, APIs, big data and providing data and SaaS solutions to global customers.
- 1-3 years experience in a customer-facing engineering or pre-sales role
- 1-3 years using APIs programmatically, testing and pulling data
- 1-3 years experience in the SQL query of databases, using joins, groups, and aggregations
- Data analysis and reporting
- Experience writing knowledge base articles or technical documentation
- Intellectual curiosity in data science best practices and the aviation industry to assist our customers and to help shape the way we handle our data
- Experience and comfort interfacing with customers via email/video call/in person and building relationships
Strong candidates will also have direct experience in some of the following areas:
- Experience with Aviation tracking or GIS data or similar
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with Big Data analytics platforms (Big Query, etc.)
- GIS visualisation of high-volume positional data (Kepler etc.)
- Writing scripts in Bash or similar
- Writing in Python, including exchanging data from APIs
Who you are:
- Passion for aviation, travel and data
- Desire to drive results, move quickly to implement ideas and cater to customer requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Strong bias for action
- Readiness to go above and beyond for your teammates across different disciplines
Spire operates a hybrid work model, and this position will require you to work a minimum of three days per week in office.
Access to US export controlled software and/or technology may be required. #LI-DC1
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.