Sales Director - RippleNet Latin America
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Ripple is growing and we are looking for a dynamic and growth-oriented candidate to join the Sales Team as Sales Director for Latin America based in São Paulo. Ripple is a crypto solutions leader that is transforming how the world moves, manages, and tokenizes value. We are working to bring the Internet of Value to life - and looking for talent to help drive this crypto-enabled future. The candidate is responsible for growing our customer base here in Latin America and identifying and validating new customer segments. As a member of the Sales team, the candidate will help to shape regional sales strategy, and source and secure customers which may include payment companies, fin-techs, banks, corporates, and others.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned hunter, an entrepreneurial and experienced growth leader with both sales and business development experience with the ability to think through how markets need to adapt to support paradigm-shifting technology. The candidate’s core skill sets should be in sales with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams such as product, product marketing, customer success, legal, compliance, and business operations. Working as part of a fast-moving sales team, candidates will need to be self-starters with the ability to work independently and effectively with leadership and cross-functional teams. The candidate should possess passion, empathy, motivation, the ability to think strategically, and demonstrated success in achieving sales goals. Additionally, they should have a relevant network in the region including but not limited to financial services, payments, FinTech, and corporates that require cross-border payments.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Drive the real-world adoption of blockchain technology by identifying and nurturing opportunities for its practical applications.
- Source new customers, including payment players, fintech companies, regional banks, and corporates seeking cross-border payment solutions.
- Understand the unique pain points and requirements of each customer. Tailor the company's products and services to provide customized solutions that directly address these specific needs.
- Consistently achieve quarterly and annual targets set by the company to contribute to its growth and success.
- Act as the voice of the customer, collaborating closely with product development, marketing, and customer success/sales teams to drive the adoption of cross-border payment solutions and other related products.
- Build strong internal relationships and collaborate with other teams within Ripple to introduce a comprehensive suite of products, services, and capabilities to prospective clients.
- Assist the product marketing team in refining go-to-market strategies by providing valuable feedback from customers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to formulate effective deal strategies, tactics, and account plans. Develop the necessary relationships and drive deals to successful closure.
- Promote and foster a culture of ethical sales conduct, regulatory compliance, and alignment with the company's key objectives. Ensure that sales activities are consistent with the organization's values and long-term growth goals.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Over 8 years in sales and business development, with a significant focus on Latin American markets within the payments industry.
- Over 12 years of product sales experience, preferably in payments and digital assets, ideally at a major enterprise software vendor.
- Strong understanding of Latin American financial and payments industry.
- Proficiency in digital asset services, including custody, is highly beneficial.
- Fluent in Spanish, Portuguese, and English for effective communication and relationship-building across Latin America.
- Proven track record with multiple sales achievement awards.
- Excellent communication, prospecting, negotiation, and target-exceeding abilities.
- Consistent history of achieving quantifiable goals, showcasing exceptional negotiation and closing skills.
- Exceptional at cultivating relationships, especially with decision-makers in Latin American client organizations, including senior-level and C-suite executives.
- High-energy and consistently positive outlook.
- Highly adaptable with a growth-oriented mindset, excelling in dynamic and constantly changing environments.
- Thrives in a fast-paced with frequent travel within Latin America.
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Metaco roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.