Data Quality Engineer
Data Quality Engineer
Altrata is a fast paced, growing leader in SaaS solutions designed to help organizations find and connect with the people who will have the biggest impact on their business. Comprised of five unique products, Altrata is on a journey to build a singular tech solution to deliver data and intelligence on wealthy and influential people around the world.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated and talented Data Quality Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to build a datalake for a new platform in an environment where you will be empowered to make real change.
We’re seeking someone who will strive for a high level of data quality across ETL processes and passionately believes that all tests should be automated step in the CI/CD process. You will require strong analytical and technical skills to investigate and address sophisticated data issues writing test cases and automated tests to prevent their reoccurrence in future.
You will work within an agile team and be responsible for the estimation, planning and execution of test cases and you will ensure any defects in quality are logged appropriately and see them through to completion., consisting of a Technical Team Lead, a Product Owner and a number of Data Engineers. We are a team who are always looking for ways to improve our process, and your experience and curiosity will help us do that. Part of the role involves demoing new features and functionality to stakeholders.
- Engage with product owners and development leads to create testing strategies.
- Identify areas of improvement in data quality processes and propose solutions to enhance data accuracy and reliability.
- Design and develop the automated test pack to ensure that software releases can be executed rapidly and safely.
- Collaborate with data engineering and development teams to implement data quality best practices and optimize data workflows.
- Challenge yourself continuously to move towards automation for the entire test scope. Create milestones for improvement and measure your progress against those milestones. Work with the development team to ensure that the quality engineers get support like automation hooks or debug builds.
- Contribute to the broader Altrata Quality Engineering group with new technology ideas, standards and procedures in a drive for continuous improvement.
- Help correct team processes to prevent defect leakage to production.
- Continuous learning mindset to broaden your skills by completing personal development objectives and keeping up to date with emerging technologies and techniques.
- Contribute to the Altrata culture that makes Altrata a great place to work and attractive to the best talent.
- QA, Business Analyst, Developers & Product Owners
- Data Architects
- Data Team
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Experience in writing and enhancing test automation framework.
- Excellent SQL knowledge, with experience writing and debugging complex queries.
- Experience with data quality test automation (e.g. Great Expectations, Apache Griffin, Deequ, DBT tests, custom Python scripts + Airflow, or similar tools)
- Experience programming in Python.
- Experience with data processing concepts like mapping documents and complex data relationships.
- Experience with requirement analysis, defect tracking, coordinating with team members in different locations, and test reporting and signoff.
- Strong analytical and technical skills to address sophisticated issues.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on defects.
- Design, monitor and maintain QA reports, KPIs & quality trends for the internal data systems
- Detailed and organized approach to solving problems.
- Communication skills that prioritize collaboration over conflict.
- Previous experience with Agile methodology.
- Experience with Databricks, Spark and big data
More about Altrata
Altrata is a global leader in people intelligence. It includes more than 100 million profiles on wealthy individuals around the world and more than 12 million profiles on senior decision makers, board members and C-suite leaders. Powered by a global team of Research Analysts, Altrata provides intelligence on the people who are most impactful to our clients’ success.
Altrata™ is a registered trademark of the Euromoney Group comprised of five distinct offerings: BoardEx, Boardroom Insiders, RelSci, WealthEngine, and Wealth-X.
Altrata is actively committed to promoting, fostering, and nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment, and all applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of race, sex, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We recognize that these types of statements appear often in job descriptions. At Altrata, we really and truly mean it.