Platform Business Analyst
Platform Business Analyst
Altrata is a fast paced, growing leader in SaaS solutions designed to help organizations find and connect with the people who will have the biggest impact on their business. Comprised of five unique products, Altrata is on a journey to build a singular tech solution to deliver data and intelligence on wealthy and influential people around the world.
Altrata is hiring an Agile Business Analyst which will be one of the key positions within an Agile software delivery team. You will be primarily responsible for ensuring that your development team gets the right requirements for the software they are writing and that your development team never runs out of work to do. This will involve conversations with a diverse range of colleagues, from other software development teams, to Product Managers, Account Managers, Data Scientists, customers themselves and many more. You will be passionate about ensuring successful and smooth team execution and high-quality documentation. This will involve a deep understanding of the software products your team is building and maintaining such that you can define and defend your teams backlog of work.
Your overarching goal is to line up a stream of well-defined work which allows your team to execute on an exciting opportunity to reimagine and revitalize an existing platform in an environment where you will be empowered to make real change. You will be reporting to the Team Lead within your team but working within a larger organization of Business Analysts.
- Translate the product roadmap into epics, features, and/or user stories across scrum teams organizing them into defined sprints and product releases
- Serve as the conduit between user needs, technical capabilities, and engineering requirements, developing these into roadmaps and requirements for the Agile backlog of a development team
- Ensure Product leadership is aware of key issues and changes, and provide them with the right information and recommendations to resolve issues
- Work with Product Managers to ensure the sprints and program increments in a release represent what is needed
- Lead the gathering of technical as well as customer requirements to ensure epics and user stories are detailed and empower the team to be effective and efficient
- Own the product backlog: decompose epics into features and/or user stories, groom, prioritize, manage trade-offs through flexibility in accommodating ad hoc requests
- Liaise between the product management and technology teams to ensure prioritization is understood
- Ensure successful agile ceremonies are performed: sprint planning, demos, retrospectives, etc
- Review and approve acceptance criteria for product features. Lead product review sessions and user acceptance testing sessions to ensure product design meets requirements
- Offer guidance and mentorship to the team; champion a culture of openness, collaboration, and innovation.
- Business Analyst or Product Owner or similar experience
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (eg. Scrum, Kanban)
- Proficiency or familiarity with technical concepts and ability to comprehend and communicate complex technical requirements
- Experience working with workflow and prioritisation tools, project management tools, such as Jira and Confluence
- Ability to effectively communicate with across a broad range of environments: multi-cultural, geographically distributed teams and at all levels of seniority
- Highly motivated, team-oriented, goal-driven, and with keen attention to detail
Nice to have:
- Software Engineering or Computer Science background
- Some knowledge of APIs (ie. You can use Postman or GraphiQL)
- Some knowledge of API design (ie. The basics of REST)
- Certifications in either Business Analysis, Scrum Master or Product Ownership
- Experience working with cloud-based solutions or technically complex products. Data and Analytics experience would be highly beneficial
More about Altrata
Altrata is a global leader in people intelligence. It includes more than 100 million profiles on wealthy individuals around the world and more than 12 million profiles on senior decision makers, board members and C-suite leaders. Powered by a global team of Research Analysts, Altrata provides intelligence on the people who are most impactful to our clients’ success.
Altrata™ is a registered trademark of the Euromoney Group comprised of five distinct offerings: BoardEx, Boardroom Insiders, RelSci, WealthEngine, and Wealth-X.
Altrata is actively committed to promoting, fostering, and nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment, and all applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of race, sex, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We recognize that these types of statements appear often in job descriptions. At Altrata, we really and truly mean it.