Associate Analyst, Thought Leadership & Analytics
Associate Analyst, Thought Leadership & Analytics
Altrata is the global leader in data-driven people intelligence. We are a fast paced, growing leader in SaaS solutions designed to help organizations find and connect with the people who will have the biggest impact on their business. Comprised of five unique products, Altrata is on a journey to build a singular tech solution to deliver data and intelligence on wealthy and influential people around the world.
The Thought Leadership & Analytics Team
The Thought Leadership & Analytics Team (TL&A) comprises two interconnected parts, and is an integral member of Altrata’s marketing team. The purpose of the Thought Leadership arm is to position the company externally as the global leader in people intelligence data, producing engaging content that showcases the depth of data that we house. Analytics is the revenue-generating arm of the team, creating data and insight tailored to an organization’s needs, typically feeding into their strategy, sales or marketing decisions (the Analytics team works closely with the commercial team). Projects typically include analysing/interrogating our brands’ data/databases or using/updating our industry-leading Wealth and Investable Assets Models. The analyst will report directly to the Director of the Analytics team. Examples of Thought Leadership can be found here and a high-level summary of Analytics’ capabilities here.
The primary task for this role is to prepare and analyze data. Around half the time this data will be for our Wealth Intelligence side of the business (for our Wealth-X and Wealth Engine brands), and the other half will be for the Professional Intelligence side of the business, which focuses on network mapping and senior executives (for our BoardEx, Boardroom Insiders and RelSci brands). Analytics projects are all individually client-commissioned, so this means tailoring data, research and analysis to their needs. The analyst will often also feed into Thought Leadership projects that require data and/or research support, spending an equal amount of time between both the Analytics service and Thought Leadership.
- Prepare deliverables for internal and external clients, most often in the form of Excel documents.
- Innovate by making intellectual contributions to research methodologies and frameworks, to ensure we offer the best-in-class data solutions.
- Identify the need for and undertake secondary research as part of these projects.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the TL&A team, sales team, clients and prospective clients, and to media queries when they arise.
- Work with other team members to deliver projects, contribute to proposals and their pricing.
- Develop a deep understanding of the five brands’ data, how this data is structured, its strengths and limitations.
- Evaluate data, finding trends and insights in
Minimum requirements include:
- Excellent numerate and analytical skills, and the ability to convey complex ideas in an easy to understand manner
- 2 or 3+ years in a research/analyst role, preferably with some focus on data analysis/manipulation
- Excellent Excel skills, and familiarity with Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with MySQL and/or SQL Server
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- The ability to work independently and collaborate with others on an iterative basis, taking on feedback throughout the project
- The ability to be flexible in switching tasks
based on prioritisation as the work week progresses
Our ideal candidate will also:
- Have a passion for unleashing the power of data and understanding the context around the data
- Have a background in statistics, economics, finance, business or other analytical subject
- Basic familiarity of data management and visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Show effective and engaging communication skills with audiences at all levels
- Work well within a geographically-diverse and multi-disciplinary environment and be a great team player
- Have an interest in working within marketing and commercial teams
- Have an interest in becoming a go-to person on the company’s data insights for marketing and media consumption
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to projects and be comfortable working across various departments internally to achieve the desired outcomes
Join us! Altrata offers a host of benefits and perks, including:
Flexible working environment
Two fully paid volunteer days per year
Complimentary access to training through LinkedIn Learning
Opportunity to join to our company Commercial Kick-Offs
More about Altrata
Altrata is a global leader in people intelligence. It includes more than 100 million profiles on wealthy individuals around the world and more than 12 million profiles on senior decision makers, board members and C-suite leaders. Powered by a global team of Research Analysts, Altrata provides intelligence on the people who are most impactful to our clients’ success.
Altrata™ is a registered trademark of the Euromoney Group comprised of five distinct offerings: BoardEx, Boardroom Insiders, RelSci, WealthEngine, and Wealth-X.
Altrata is actively committed to promoting, fostering, and nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment, and all applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of race, sex, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We recognize that these types of statements appear often in job descriptions. At Altrata, we really and truly mean it.