Team Lead, Data Engineer
Team Lead, Data Engineer
Altrata is a fast paced, growing leader in SaaS solutions designed to help organizations find and connect with the people who will have the biggest impact on their business. Comprised of five unique products, Altrata is on a journey to build a singular tech solution to deliver data and intelligence on wealthy and influential people around the world.
The Data Engineering Team Lead will run an agile team, building and working on enterprise grade software systems using Databricks, Python, Spark, R and SQL. The Data Engineering team lead will provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship.
As a team lead, you are expected to create a dynamic and positive environment for your team to excel. To do that your role will also include coaching your team; working with architects to design clean decoupled solutions; creating automated tests in support of continuous delivery; instilling a culture of continuous improvement and delivery; setting standards for the team and monitoring adherence; reviewing stories before sprints.
The role also involves line management responsibilities for your team, conducting appraisals, setting objectives and ensuring you regularly offer guidance and feedback on performance to your team members to help them achieve their career goals.
Furthermore, the data engineering team lead would be at the helm of building a greenfield modern data platform via cutting-edge technologies. The successful candidate should have experience architecting big data solutions, with a deep understanding of developing complex enterprise data ETL and ML pipelines and projections.
They should have a healthy drive to keep on top of the ever-updating data engineering curve, however, practice pragmatism with the tools where necessary. They must have a clear understanding databricks design patterns to build data systems at scale. The candidate should be able to identify, diagnose, and design optimized data systems. They should have experience collaborating with architects, data scientists and product teams, whilst also having a passion for machine learning and AI to produce elegant solutions for cutting edge data workflows.
- Creating Databricks notebooks and workflows.
- Drive innovation and the adoption of new technology to improve quality and time to market of the Altrata data platform.
- Attract, hire, lead, coach, develop and retain high performing, diverse talent who can motivate and drive the delivery of the technical strategy.
- Define Altrata data platform stacks, languages, frameworks & standards.
- Delivering data to support new products and features as defined in the product roadmap.
- Evaluating technical feasibility and providing effort estimations.
- Ensuring the coding standards set are met by all teams contributing to data platform code bases.
- Contribute to the customer aware culture, engaging with Product, Data and Commercial teams.
- Contribute to the Altrata culture that makes Altrata a great place to work and attractive to the best talent.
- QA, Business Analysts & Product Owners
- Platform & Front end engineering teams
- Significant professional work experience.
- Confidence to lead and mentor all levels of developers.
- Expert in Python, PySpark and SQL.
- Data Science experience R, ML, AI.
- Databases : SQL and No-SQL – Aurora, MS SQL Server, My SQL
- Experience with scrum, TDD, BDD, Pairing, Pull Requests, Continuous Integration & Delivery.
- OO experience, design patterns, SOLID principles.
- Continuous Integration tools – Github, Azure DevOps, Jenkins or similar.
- Infrastructure as code – Terraform, AWS CDK, AWS CloudFormation or similar.
- Strong experience with Cloud Platforms - AWS, Azure.
Join us! Altrata offers a host of benefits and perks, including:
- Flexible working environment
- Two fully paid volunteer days per year
- Complimentary access to training through LinkedIn Learning
More about Altrata
Altrata is a global leader in people intelligence. It includes more than 100 million profiles on wealthy individuals around the world and more than 12 million profiles on senior decision makers, board members and c-suite leaders. Powered by a global team of Research Analysts, Altrata provides intelligence on the people who are most impactful to our clients’ success.
Altrata™ is a registered trademark of the Euromoney Group comprised of five distinct offerings: BoardEx, Boardroom Insiders, RelSci, WealthEngine, and Wealth-X.
Altrata is actively committed to promoting, fostering, and nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment, and all applicants will receive equal consideration regardless of race, sex, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We recognize that these types of statements appear often in job descriptions. At Altrata, we really and truly mean it.