Senior Security Engineer
Posted on Friday, September 8, 2023
Redox is on a mission to make the world’s healthcare data useful. Redox accelerates the development and distribution of healthcare products with a full-service integration platform to securely and efficiently exchange healthcare data. With just one connection, data can be transmitted across a growing network of 2500+ provider organizations and 400+ healthcare products. Redox connections serve tens of millions of patient records per day, leveraging a single data standard compatible with more than 90 electronic health record systems. At Redox, security comes first. The security team partners with every team at Redox to help achieve our goal of making healthcare data useful and secure.
Are you a Sr. Security Engineer who is passionate about empowering engineering and infrastructure teams to build secure software? Redox is searching for an exceptionally talented Senior Security Engineer to assist with our security program. In this role, you will work with our Information Security team to help build out the best security in healthcare.
As a Sr. Security Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Spearhead the Redox Data Loss Prevention (DLP) project working to identify and protect all data, with an increased focus on PHI.
- Work with other members of the InfoSec team to implement best practices within Azure, related Microsoft platforms, and other cloud platforms utilized by Redox.
- Participate in the Incident Response Team
- Partner with other members of the InfoSec team on special projects
- Ongoing audit tasks to assist in Redox’s HITRUST and SOC2 compliance programs
- Triage and respond to alerts
- Expand knowledge around App/Cloud Sec programs to assist with future projects.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of security threats, countermeasures, security tools, and Cloud Security and SaaS technologies.
To be successful in the role, your skills and experience should include:
- 5+ years of experience securing and managing security within Azure
- Experience working in a cloud first environment
- Proficient in Splunk, Sumo Logic, or similar tools
- Familiarity with macOS
- Experience actively threat hunting
- Ability to distill complex security threats and risks into simple terms for non-security (and even non-technical) stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and ability to stay focused while managing multiple tasks concurrently
- Strong critical thinking/analytical skills, self-motivation, creativity, and a hunger for learning
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Nice to have skills:
- Experience in managing and deploying DLP solutions
- Working knowledge of Terraform
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit. https://hbr.org/2014/08/why-women-dont-apply-for-jobs-unless-theyre-100-qualified
About Redox - Take a look here: https://youtu.be/4OjENXR6UXA
What We Do
Healthcare organizations and technology vendors connect to Redox once, then authorize what data they send to and receive from partners through a centralized hub. Redox's cloud-based platform is vendor and standards-agnostic and enables the secure and efficient exchange of healthcare data.
This approach eradicates the need for point-to-point integrations and accelerates the discovery, adoption, and distribution of patient and provider-facing technology solutions. With hundreds of healthcare organizations and technology vendors exchanging data today, Redox represents the largest interoperable network in healthcare. Learn how you can leverage the Redox platform at www.redoxengine.com.
Other Stuff About Us
Redox is an EEO company. We fully support the diversity of our team! Here's a recent blog post about our stance on diversity and belonging: Diversity at Redox
As part of our ongoing work to build more diverse teams at Redox, when applying, you will be asked to complete a voluntary EEO survey. This survey is anonymous, we cannot link your application record with your survey responses. - We request that you complete this voluntary survey as we run monthly reports for each team which provides data for diversity in terms of gender and ethnic background in our Applicants and in our Hired Redoxers. We take this data very seriously and really appreciate your willingness and time to complete that step in the process.
We believe in holding ourselves to a high standard of conduct. Here's how we think about this: Redox Code of Conduct
Successful candidates must be eligible to be employed in the US and must reside & work in the continental US.
Thank you for your interest in Redox!