Staff Software Engineer
As the world moves to a mobile-first economy, businesses need to modernize how they acquire, engage with and enable consumers. Prove’s phone-centric identity tokenization and passive cryptographic authentication solutions reduce friction, enhance security and privacy across all digital channels, and accelerate revenues while reducing operating expenses and fraud losses. Over 1,000 enterprise customers use Prove’s platform to process 20 billion customer requests annually across industries, including banking, lending, healthcare, gaming, crypto, e-commerce, marketplaces, and payments. For the latest updates from Prove, follow us on LinkedIn.
Prove is driving the future of digital identity. We are looking for Provers who know how to make an impact. We’re talking self-starting professionals who thrive in a fast-paced environment, process information quickly, and make intelligent decisions. The work is challenging and requires not only smart but natural curiosity and tenacity. Teamwork is also important to us – we work together and play together.
Prove has big plans, and we’re excited about the future. If this sounds like the place for you – come join our team!
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be making an impact across your entire team and driving meaningful technical change that affects the entire organization.
In this role, you will work collaboratively with product management, design, compliance, security, and operations as an integral part of the development process.
You will lead the design and implementation of software components, systems and features aiming to improve the availability, scalability, latency, security, compliance, and efficiency of our platform suite.
This is a hands-on role where you will be given wide latitude to make technical decisions and influence product direction.
You are a high performing software engineer who works collaboratively with the team and mentors your peers, explaining your designs, code, and testing with clarity that elevates everyone in our organization.
- Lead designs of major software components, systems, and features.
- Build our platforms, systems and infrastructure using your background in distributed systems.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve our platform.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, development best practices and coding standards.
- Provide insights on how to improve our operations stability and reliability.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming and experience with at least one object-oriented programming language (i.e., Go, Python)
- Experience architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems with significant impact.
- Experience with public cloud services (AWS or Google Cloud Platform or Azure)
- Bachelor’s in computer science or other quantitative fields or relevant experience.
- Technical leadership experience leading project teams and setting technical direction.
- Experience with database internals, database language theories, database design, SQL, Graph QL and No SQL technologies.
- AWS Certification
- Promote, maintain, and enhance our cultural values of humility, passion, inclusion, and leadership.
- Strong passion for learning about our products and markets through in-house and external training.
- Experience in high growth /pre-IPO Technology companies is a plus.
This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. The position description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the positions. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Offered salary will be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, geo-location and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
Benefits & Perks for FTE Provers:
- Competitive salaries & Bonus Plan (for eligible roles) and Equity Plan
- Pension Plan
- Comprehensive medical benefits for you and your family
- Emotional & Physical Wellness – Access to wellness services (EAP, Gympass, Prove Well-Being Reimbursement)
- Unlimited Vacation and Flexible hours
- Professional Development Coaching via Bravely
- 12 paid holidays for all global employees
- A great place to work and connect with other talented Provers like yourself!
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Prove we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.