Sales Director, Verticals (West Coast)
As the world moves to a mobile-first economy, businesses need to modernize how they acquire, engage with and enable consumers. Prove’s phone-centric identity tokenization and passive cryptographic authentication solutions reduce friction, enhance security and privacy across all digital channels, and accelerate revenues while reducing operating expenses and fraud losses. Over 1,000 enterprise customers use Prove’s platform to process 20 billion customer requests annually across industries, including banking, lending, healthcare, gaming, crypto, e-commerce, marketplaces, and payments. For the latest updates from Prove, follow us on LinkedIn.
Prove is driving the future of digital identity. We are looking for Provers who know how to make an impact. We’re talking self-starting professionals who thrive in a fast-paced environment, process information quickly, and make intelligent decisions. The work is challenging and requires not only smart but natural curiosity and tenacity. Teamwork is also important to us – we work together and play together.
Prove has big plans, and we’re excited about the future. If this sounds like the place for you – come join our team!
Sales Director, Verticals (West Coast)
- Become a trusted partner selling Prove strategic solutions that meet/exceed the business
needs of the client/prospect
- Routinely meet or exceed sales quotas: ACV bookings and in year revenue
- Build and maintain relationships with enterprises level clients, understanding the organization's strategic initiatives in digital identity and authentication
- Develop a deep knowledge of how Prove solutions meet the client/prospect's use case
- Independently build and manage your direct sales pipeline in assigned accounts and/or a geographic region
- Develop a deep knowledge of the prospect's organizational structure and buying process
- Conduct discovery sessions to clearly understand the prospect's business needs, priorities, budget, timing and key KPIs
- Translate data study results to an executive summary which clearly articulates how Prove met the data study business objectives
- Prepare prospect proposals, negotiate business terms and manage the overall contractual process
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders and set realistic external expectations
- Utilize internal resources efficiently and effectively to drive the sales process with clear thought leadership
- Keep the company informed on market intelligence regarding the identity verification and authentication markets
- Promote, maintain and enhance our cultural values of humility, passion, inclusion and leadership
- Exhibit a strong passion for learning about our products and markets through in-house and external training.
- 3 to 5 years of quota-carrying experience selling complex SaaS based solutions with a strong track record of closing enterprise-level deals over $250k in ACV/ARR
- Experience and relationships with fintech, insurtech or retail companies
- Sales hunter mentality and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong history of quota attainment
- Possesses the ability to communicate simply, articulately while exuding confidence and humility
- Must have the ability to tell a compelling business story, deeply understand the prospects business goals and lead a sales process
- Desire to understand and communicate the underlying technology to business prospects
- Understanding of the security ecosystem with a focus on Identity
- Strong prospecting, qualifying, and negotiating skills; consultative sales approach with a business solution centric mindset
- A self-starter. Need to have a roll up your sleeves mentality with an ability to work independently in a fast paced, high-growth environment
- Experience in cybersecurity, fintech, or fast-growing startup is required
- Experience in a high-growth tech startup
This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. The position description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the positions. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
The salary range for this role is $140,000- $160,000 plus variable commission. Offered salary will be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
Benefits & Perks for FTE Provers:
- Competitive salaries & Bonus Plan (for eligible roles) and Equity Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan & Match
- Comprehensive medical benefits for you and your family ❤️
- Emotional & Physical Wellness – Access to wellness services (EAP, Gympass, Prove Well-Being Reimbursement)
- Unlimited Vacation and Flexible hours
- Professional Development Coaching via Bravely
- Healthy lunches catered and bottomless snacks & beverages for all office locations
- 12 paid holidays for all global employees 📅
- A great place to work and connect with other talented Provers like yourself!