Manager, Network Engineering & Support
Pilot is a modern connectivity company based in New York City. We deliver fiber-optic internet and network services to businesses with no contracts, backed by a 100% uptime guarantee and 24/7 proactive support.
We're a passionate, close-knit team that believes businesses have more important things to worry about than their internet connection. Our top priority is enabling extraordinary work across all industries with connectivity solutions that are adaptive, agile, and designed with the customer in mind.
ON A TYPICAL DAY YOU’LL
- Continuously improve processes for the Network Support team and ensure the team is held to high quality of work and customer-centricity standards
- Hire, develop, and retain highly responsive engineers dedicated to providing an exceptional customer experience
- Oversee the provisioning and network components of service delivery of all customer connections
- Manage and coordinate all technical support and engineering shift coverage, including various on-call rotations and special projects
- Ensure Pilot customers are sent accurate and timely communications, RFOs, and service credits where applicable
- Ensure adherence to and proper reporting of all external SLAs, internal SLOs and performance metrics for support tickets, phone calls, as well as network reliability and performance
- Manage and understand data around incoming tickets; report on and use data to drive team development and optimization. Escalate trends and suggestions for network or product improvements to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with technical leadership, including our CEO, in developing and executing team-wide and individual objectives around the future development and innovation of Pilot’s core and access network
- Act as a senior point of escalation for a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including customers
- Plan, schedule and manage maintenance and field work affecting the core network, access network, and various datacenters
- Work directly with leadership to define team goals; consistently diagnose gaps between goals and results and help create a plan to resolve
- Continuously define and improve configuration management and change management policies and practices
- Manage third-party vendor relationships (ie. transit providers, datacenter operators, equipment distributors) and hold them accountable to Pilot’s standards for communication and reliability
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 2+ years experience in a management role within a Network Operations team
- Direct and proven experience in recruiting and leading a customer-focused team in a 24x7x365 environment.
- Direct experience in leveraging metric-driven operations performance management
- Direct experience in developing and mentoring technical operations staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Impeccable organizational skills for managing team-wide projects and objectives
- Demonstrated successful collaboration skills and experience within a team and as a team leader
- Experience developing, implementing, and evolving network operations standard practices and performance metrics
PILOT’S PAY & PERKS
- Base salary of $130,000-175,000
- Company-sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Company-sponsored 401(k)
- Commuter & Wellness Reimbursement
- Competitive PTO
At Pilot, we believe differences make us stronger, and that our diversity is something to celebrate. Pilot hires without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (and pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Pilot Fiber, Inc. is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to a Pilot Fiber, Inc. employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Pilot Fiber, Inc. as a result of the referral or through other means.
VISA SPONSORSHIP NOT AVAILABLE