Lead Fullstack Software Engineer
Cambridge, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
Do you want to get in on the ground floor of a fast growing VC-backed robotic automation company? Join Pickle Robot! We’re a diverse team of ~50 full-time employees teaching off-the-shelf robot arms how to pick (get it?) & sort parcels. Our goal is to work alongside people in the very messy world of the warehouse & loading dock, reducing the backbreaking human effort that goes into getting e-commerce orders to your door. Video This year we’re moving beyond development & testing to an even more exciting stage: deploying our robots across North America. That’s where you come in.
As a Lead Software Engineer at Pickle Robot, you will work in a small team of engineers using agile processes to build flexible, configurable software for parcel handling robots. In this position, you will be responsible for developing cloud services and infrastructure to help us manage and coordinate our growing fleet of robots.
- Software Architecture - you’ll design, develop, and deploy code across multiple environments (cloud, robot, web interfaces)
- Hands-on Technical Contributions - much of this role involves coding across our software stack to drive our product and engineering goals.
- Technical Mentorship - You'll engage in code reviews and lead technical design sessions, while also providing guidance and coaching to junior engineers
- Process Improvement - We value iteration in both software and process, and you will be an active participant in helping us improve both technically as well as operationally.
- Being Glue - we’re still a relatively small team, so we’ll need you to be comfortable working across a variety of initiatives. This could include contributing to new projects, designing new features, optimizing and refactoring code, researching new technologies, responding to production issues, or modifying infrastructure.
- You have a flexible and creative approach to problem solving
- You are comfortable with and eager to learn a wide range of technologies
- You are comfortable and capable of acting independently
- You stay current with the latest development best practices in your areas of expertise
- You have experience working with modern infrastructure and tools
- You know and care about sound engineering practices such as CI/CD, defensive programming, feature flags, and automated testing
- You’re familiar with designing and building scalable software systems
- Making hands-on technical contributions as a senior or lead engineer in an agile environment
- Leading iterative development initiatives from ideation through implementation
- Backend technologies such as Node.js, Python or Golang
- Frontend technologies such as React and Typescript
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases, designing schema and data models
- Building cloud-native solutions on platforms like Google Cloud, including features such as RESTful APIs, authentication, storage management, etc
Bonus Points For
- Working at an early stage start-up
- Working at a robotics company
- Experience with ROS, rosbags, and pubsub systems
- Experience with data streaming (WebSocket), video streaming (WebRTC), analytics pipelines and/or network performance.