Deployment Engineer (Ontario, California)
Pickle Robot Co
Ontario, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Do you want to get in on the ground floor of a fast growing, VC backed, robotic logistics company? Then join Pickle Robot! Founded by an all ages cast of MIT alum, we are teaching off-the-shelf robot arms how to pick up boxes and play tetris with them. At Pickle, our goal is to work alongside people in the very messy world of the loading dock, reducing the backbreaking human effort that goes into getting your online orders to your door.
As a deployment engineer, you are the tip of the spear. You will lead the implementation of our robots in logistics warehouses. You will need to be a fast learner & independent thinker who can work with our engineering and go-to-market teams to make our customers happy and successful. You naturally build alliances and can seamlessly integrate with other people: the customer will see you as a trusted teammate, and the engineering and development teams will view your input as the “Ground Truth”. The ideal candidate will be able to grow with the company and take on additional leadership roles over time. You will have a variety of responsibilities across physical deployment and integration, customer support, and new product development and launch. This is an exciting opportunity to have a real impact on the development of our fast-growing fleet of robots deployed in logistics warehouses across the United States. Fluency in Spanish is a big plus as it helps us interact with some of our warehouse associate stakeholders.
This role will be primarily based at customer sites in the Ontario, CA area rather than our home office in Cambridge. The majority of travel will be to other customer sites in the Southern California.
- Deploy and install automation solutions, including industrial robot arms, software, and auxiliary hardware.
- Support product testing and launch by working with product management and engineering teams on understanding customer needs, developing test instrumentation, executing testing, and analyzing results.
- Write documentation on product operating and testing procedures.
- Support manufacturing and engineering design with Design for Deployment and Design for Reliability feedback and data analysis from the field.
- Provide on-call technical support to customers post-deployment.
- Conduct on-site integration and test activities and evaluate post go-live performance metrics.
- Introduce and walk through new features with customers directly for timely feedback to software and hardware teams at Pickle HQ for iterative, responsive product development.
- Be the primary field point of contact for customers. Be ready and willing to do whatever it takes to keep customers happy and build trust with them in their own native processes, so they see Pickle as valued fellow team member and not just a contractor.
- Help facilitate not only engineering interactions but also support sales and marketing efforts as the front-facing Pickle point of contact to customers while on-site.
- Execute field retrofits. Work with the mechanical, electrical, and software engineers on troubleshooting field issues.
- Analytical, technical and problem solving skills that can be applied to real world solutions.
- Organization and time management skills. Ability to cope with fluctuating workloads and high stress situations.
- Familiarity with linux, python, and git based version control. Experience with cloud based technologies and databases is a plus.
- Basic mechanical and electrical repair skills. Are you a tinkerer?
- General understanding of network topologies such as VPNs, firewalls, and routers.
- Ability to write tools and scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
- Experience reading debug output and recording logs and information on software bugs.
- Undergraduate-level understanding of engineering physics and design principles, gained via an undergraduate degree or equivalent real world experience (having both is nice, but either one can suffice)
- Experience in services or deployment engineering positions is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, can effectively run a meeting and summarize the results for a wider audience.
- Spanish language proficiency is extremely valuable
Annual salary, bonus, & equity commensurate with experience. Employee benefits include health, dental, & vision insurance; unlimited vacation, along with all federal and state holidays; 401K contributions of 5% your salary (1% employee contribution required); $2K “toy budget” for peripherals, travel supplies, and other items to make your working life more fun, comfortable, and productive.
This Role is remote, based out of Ontario, CA area, with the majority of your time spent at Southern California customer sites.
Company headquarters are located in Cambridge, MA
Other customer sites are scattered across North America, with your primary responsibility being Southern California.
Position could require significant travel (Up to 50%) to customer sites outside of the Ontario, CA metro.
Occasional travel will be required as part of On-Call technical support duties when not deploying technology with a new customer.
See more open positions at Pickle Robot Co
Something looks off?