Software Engineer - Blockchain Integrations
Our Engineering team is looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing Blockchain Integrations team. You will be responsible for scaling our different blockchain integrations, onboarding new blockchain networks, and managing our blockchain nodes. This role provides unique domain experience and provides an opportunity to become an expert in emerging blockchain technologies. We take pride in continuous innovation, high performance, effective mentoring/coaching, multi-disciplinary collaboration and the authentic application of lean/agile methods.
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Nubank and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As a Software Engineer, you'll get to:
- Architect and deploy highly scalable systems that facilitate deposits, withdrawals, token issuance, and more.
- Master the intricacies of the top blockchain networks, understanding how they work, design tradeoffs, and integration techniques
- Drive the expansion of stablecoins across multiple blockchain platforms
- Enhance our blockchain node infrastructure to continue achieving 99.99% data availability for internal services
- Take full ownership of high quality software development from concept through to launch - ensuring excellence in design, coding, testing, and deployment
- Apply engineering best-practices including unit and integration testing, source code version control, agile planning/estimation
- Analyze complex requirements, transforming them into actionable tasks and milestones
- Effectively navigate the trade-offs among MVP vs Enterprise-Grade, Time-to-market and in other relevant dimensions
- Search for the truth in product development, ensuring designs and implementations align with the company mission and objectives
Your experience should include:
- 3+ years of software development experience, including at least one of the following: Golang, Kotlin, Rust, Java, C++, Python
- Strong computer science and programming fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
You might also have:
- Hands on experience in developing or contributing to applications or systems on blockchain networks
- Working knowledge of the fundamental mechanics of various blockchains networks
- An insatiable curiosity to learn about the how blockchain technology will replatform the financial future of the world
- Mastery of core engineering concepts including data structures, design best practices, run-time optimizations, and algorithmic complexity
- Understanding of concepts like load balancing, HA/failover, ingress, inter-service communications in a microservices style cluster, idempotence, ACID, guaranteed delivery, etc.
- Experience or interest in domains like Distributed Systems, Cryptography, Databases, or cloud platforms like AWS
- Ability to comprehend and contribute to system architecture discussions, with a focus on understanding trade-offs in design decisions
- Familiarity with online web application architectures and infrastructures, including clustering (Kubernetes), containerizing (Docker), message queuing (Kafka), telemetry/instrumentation (Prometheus/Grafana), etc.
- Desire to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to engage and cooperate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A proactive mindset to learn new technologies, with a focus on continuous personal and technical growth
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built In’s “Best Places to Work” lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- Mercado Libre Reaches 1M+ Users in 60 Days With Paxos
- Paxos Was Built to Protect its Customers
- CNBC Crypto World Interviews Paxos CEO on USDP stablecoin
- Paxos CEO Charles Cascarilla’s Perspectives on the Current State of the Global Economy
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to U.S. Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.
Paxos offers a competitive total compensation and benefits package, including equity. Actual salary within that range is dependent upon the individual’s skills, experience and qualifications.