Staff Software Engineer - Regulatory Platform
Regulatory Platform is looking for a Staff Engineer to join our growing Regulatory Platform Engineering team. We are a key contributor to the growth of Paxos - responsible for building the platform to address our customer’s regulatory, compliance and risk concerns - helping bring their Paxos-based products to market faster and easier.
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As a Staff Engineer you’ll get to:
- Design and build the platform to address critical compliance and regulatory challenges of building digital asset products - KYC, Onboarding, AML and risk management.
- Taking ownership of design, coding, testing and deployment of key proprietary software components of our tokenized commodities platforms.
- Scale transaction processing systems to service millions of customers.
- Develop distributed microservices in Go.
- Search for the truth in product conceptualization and development, ensuring designs and implementations are fully aligned with the company mission and product goals.
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- 8+ years of software development experience, including at least one of the following: Golang, Kotlin, Rust, Java, C++, Python.
- 8+ years of experience designing, implementing, and maintaining distributed systems.
- Strong computer science and programming fundamentals (data structures, algorithms).
You might also have:
- Mastery of core engineering concepts including data structures, design best practices, run-time optimizations, and algorithmic complexity.
- Solid understanding of concepts like load balancing, HA/failover, ingress, inter-service communications in a microservices style cluster, idempotence, ACID, guaranteed delivery, etc.
- Technical expert in at least one domain like Distributed Systems, Cryptography, Databases, or AWS.
- Can understand and articulate the architecture of an entire system, including the technical trade-offs between different design implementations of high performance, low latency order state management.
- Familiar with online web application architectures and infrastructures, including clustering (Kubernetes), containerizing (Docker), message queuing (MQ / Kafka), telemetry/instrumentation (Prometheus/Grafana), etc.
- Familiar with APIs / Connectivity technologies, REST API or sockets, TCP, UDP, multicast.
- Eager to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse multi-disciplinary team, collaborating effectively with stakeholders.
- Constantly seeks to learn new technologies, innovate and discover better ways to solve engineering challenges of high performance trading systems and APIs, including performance tuning, latency optimizations and constant new development of APIs
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built In’s “Best Places to Work” lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- Web 3.0 Is Still the Place to Be
- A Conversation with Paxos Product Leaders
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- Mercado Libre Reaches 1M+ Users in 60 Days With Paxos
- Paxos Was Built to Protect its Customers
- CNBC Crypto World Interviews Paxos CEO on USDP stablecoin
- Paxos CEO Charles Cascarilla’s Perspectives on the Current State of the Global Economy
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to U.S. Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.
Something looks off?