Sr. Program Manager - Third Party Risk Management (Banking/Business Partnerships)
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Novi, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
The Paxos Compliance team is looking for a Sr. Program Manager - Third Party Risk Management (Business/Banking Partnerships) to design and deliver an enhanced third party risk framework that supports our “best in class” Compliance program in line with Paxos growth objectives, operational capabilities and regulatory obligations. This role will focus specifically on overseeing due diligence and ongoing monitoring of Paxos’ business partners.
As Sr. Program Manager - Third Party Risk Management (Banking/Business Partnerships) you will:
- Design, build and deliver an enhanced third party risk management program specifically tailored to conduct ongoing due diligence and monitoring of Paxos’ business and banking partners in line with regulatory obligations
- Be responsible for operating the business partnership oversight program in a manner that supports safe and sustainable business growth while also managing compliance, consumer protection and reputation risk
- Ensure partnership adherence to service level agreements and regulatory obligations in line with business partner and product offering risk profiles.
- Proactively work with stakeholders to translate regulatory changes, new product offerings and the evolving risk environment into enhanced policies, procedures, processes and controls.
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach.
Your experience should include:
- 5+ years at a regulated financial institution or a smaller, agile fintech firm (ideal candidate would have spent time at both)
- 8+ years in Risk or Compliance
- Strong mixture of strategic and operational experience in the areas of governance, internal controls, AML/CFT obligations and third party risk management
- Experience with gap analysis as well as change and program management
- Fluency with leveraging tools or platforms to deliver efficiencies and automation
- Demonstrated track record of dealing directly with cross-functional stakeholders (namely, Paxos’ business-facing teams) as well as business partners
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Data-driven mindset to inform decision making and prioritization
You might also have:
- Experience working in the crypto industry from a Compliance, Regulatory, and / or Risk Management perspective
- Experience in overseeing third party relationships, specifically business partners and banking relationships (as opposed to vendor relationships)
- Knowledge of how to leverage testing as part of Paxos’ suite of business partner monitoring controls
- A clear understanding of the trends within the crypto / blockchain industry and regulatory landscape and what it means to fulfill regulatory obligations
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was recently listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. All of our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- Life at Paxos
- 2021 Paxos Year in Review
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos National Trust Receives OCC Conditional Approval for De Novo Charter
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- USDP Stablecoin Chosen for Meta's Pilot of Novi Digital Wallet
- Mercado Libre Creating Biggest Crypto Market in LatAm through Paxos
- Paxos Supports Interactive Brokers' Journey into Crypto Markets
- Paxos Hiring 400 Employees in 2022
- Paxos CEO Discusses Crypto, Blockchain and the Future of Finance
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
- Paxos CEO Discusses How Blockchain can Replatform the Financial System
- Built In NYC Names Paxos a 2022 Best Place to Work
- Forbes Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 50
- CB Insights Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 250 for Crypto Category
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.
Something looks off?