Principal Software Engineer - Paxos Platform
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, at any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient, and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join Paxos. Paxos is building an online blockchain platform with the highest reliability and security standards. As a Principal Software Engineer, you will partner with other senior technical leadership within the company to build the next-generation blockchain platform. You will drive technical direction and work on scaling the platform, unifying platform capabilities into easy-to-use APIs, and defining the architecture, standards, and best practices for the engineering organization. With your technical expertise, you will set technical direction, and manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
As a Principal Engineer, you'll get to:
- Play a critical role in helping to set the direction and goals for the engineering organization, in terms of project impact, quality, and engineering efficiency
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions, leading high-quality implementation from concept through to launch.
- Effectively resolve ambiguity, analyzing complex requirements and breaking down features and initiatives into tactical tasks
- Search for the truth in product conceptualization and development, ensuring designs and implementations are fully aligned with the company mission and product goals
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
- Influence the engineering culture in your broader team and advocate for higher quality and engineering efficiency
- Help with recruiting new members to the team by pitching the team and projects. Help onboard new members into your team, by mentoring them and making it easy to ramp up your team's codebases
Your experience should include:
- 8+ years of software development experience, building scalable and reliable online services.
- Strong computer science and programming fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
You might also have:
- 5 years of experience in a technical leadership role leading project teams and setting technical direction.
- 3 years of experience working in a complex, matrixed organization involving cross-functional, and/or cross-business projects.
- Solid understanding of concepts like load balancing, HA/failover, ingress, inter-service communications in a microservices style cluster, idempotence, ACID, guaranteed delivery, etc.
- Technical expertise in at least one domain like Trading Systems, Distributed Systems, Cryptography, Databases, or AWS
- Can understand and articulate the architecture of an entire system, including the technical trade-offs between different design implementations of high performance, low latency order state management
- Familiar with digital-native online web application architectures and infrastructures, including clustering (Kubernetes), containerizing (Docker), message queuing (MQ / Kafka), telemetry/instrumentation (Prometheus/Grafana), etc.
- Familiar with APIs / Connectivity technologies, REST API or FIX, sockets, TCP, UDP, multicast
- Eager to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse multi-disciplinary team, collaborating effectively with stakeholders
- Constantly seeks to learn new technologies, innovate and discover better ways to solve engineering challenges of high-performance trading systems and APIs, including performance tuning, latency optimizations, and constant new development of APIs
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50, and Built In’s “Best Places to Work” lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup, and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- Web 3.0 Is Still the Place to Be
- A Conversation with Paxos Product Leaders
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- Mercado Libre Reaches 1M+ Users in 60 Days With Paxos
- Paxos Was Built to Protect its Customers
- CNBC Crypto World Interviews Paxos CEO on USDP stablecoin
- Paxos CEO Charles Cascarilla’s Perspectives on the Current State of the Global Economy
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to U.S. Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.