Litigation and Employment Senior Counsel
Paxos’ Legal team is looking for a Senior Counsel to drive and develop our employment law program and join our litigation team working on employment disputes, regulatory subpoenas and enforcement, civil litigation, and internal investigations.
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As a Senior Counsel, you’ll get to:
- Support our HR team with documentation in connection with on- and off-boarding employees in a fully remote environment
- Advise on HR policies and procedures, including updating our employee handbooks for employees in the US, London and Singapore
- Provide general advice and counsel to Paxos’ HR team, including regarding contractors and EOR providers around the globe
- Partner with Paxos’ regulatory legal team in connection with regulatory investigations and enforcement actions
- Manage civil litigation and arbitration matters, including employment disputes
- Manage internal investigations
- Build and develop Paxos’ legal program as the company continues to grow and scale
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- J.D. and licensed to practice law in a state in the U.S.
- 7+ years of legal experience, including both in house and law firm experience
- In house employment law experience, including growing an in house employment law program
- Litigation experience, including civil and regulatory investigations and disputes
- Experience working in hyper-growth, tech-focused company
- Experience working cross-functionally on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Experience distilling complex legal concepts to solve problems and create scalable products and solutions
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and demanding environment
- Excellent commercial acumen and business judgment
- Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills
You might also have:
- In house litigation experience managing a caseload that includes civil litigation, regulatory enforcement actions, internal investigations, and employment disputes
- In house international employment law experience
- Experience with large scale employment events (e.g., integration following M&A)
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders beyond life of project for ongoing productive partnerships
- Empathetic ability to consider multiple perspectives and offer practical suggestions while still protecting the company
- Experience building employment law programs or leading employment law functions at a growing company
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built In’s “Best Places to Work” lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- Web 3.0 Is Still the Place to Be
- A Conversation with Paxos Product Leaders
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- Mercado Libre Reaches 1M+ Users in 60 Days With Paxos
- Paxos Was Built to Protect its Customers
- CNBC Crypto World Interviews Paxos CEO on USDP stablecoin
- Paxos CEO Charles Cascarilla’s Perspectives on the Current State of the Global Economy
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to U.S. Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.
Something looks off?