Contract Digital Designer
At Pattern Brands, we live to curate products that turn your everyday routines into joyful rituals. We are a fast-growing portfolio of brands in the home goods space; our team thrives on creativity and innovation.
We’re looking for a talented Email Digital Designer who can take concepts and ideas and create visual representations for the entire Pattern Brands portfolio.
This position will be a member of the Creative Studio team, and reports directly to our Head of Creative Services.
Our IDEAL CANDIDATE is a skilled designer who thrives within a fast-moving eCommerce context and is a consummate professional in terms of quality of work, reliability and communication. The ideal candidate will have outstanding attention to detail and an enthusiasm for visual storytelling that engages, informs, and inspires. The ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of current design software and be skilled in every step of the design process, from concept to final deliverable across both print and digital mediums. Collaborating with multiple teams across the company, the Brand Graphic Designer should be able to take written or spoken ideas and convert them into a design that connects. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of branding and marketing, and be able to find the right style and layout for every project and every brand in the Pattern Brands portfolio.
- Graphic Design: Work on a wide range of projects using Figma and Adobe Creative Suite to visualize and develop innovative graphic designs that meet business goals – under tight deadlines. Translate strategic direction into high-quality design within an established brand identity. Ensure that designs meet organizational standards and brand expectations, express ideas accurately, and represent the company appropriately.
- Digital Design: While the core focus of this role is email design, the candidate will be given the opportunity to work across a variety of projects including ads, social media posts, website graphics.
- Collaboration: Work independently as well as cooperatively. Collaborate, brainstorm, and strategize with multiple department team members to fulfill design requests; taking creative direction to achieve high-quality marketing design deliverables. Quality check and provide guidance to junior Production Designers as necessary to ensure work meets organizational standards and brand expectations.
- Project Management: Working across multiple projects quickly, without sacrificing overall work quality; keeping project tracking tools up to date for other team members and responding quickly to comments and feedback to ensure projects remain on schedule.
Skills & Qualifications
- 4-6 years of graphic design experience - must have direct experience in eCommerce and in email design for eCommerce. Candidates who do not have this experience will not be considered.
- Portfolio of current work demonstrating graphic design skills, both print and digital work examples. Strong emphasis on email design.
- Exceptional creativity and innovative design skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong visual sensibility and a meticulous eye for detail
- Ability to follow creative direction to ensure assets are on brand and of the highest quality
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to work across multiple projects quickly without sacrificing overall image quality
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must have expert knowledge of Figma, Klaviyo, and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign). Please do not apply unless you are familiar building templates in Klayvio.
- Experience with productivity tools like Asana, Google Suite and Slack
Compensation & Details
- This initially will be a 1099 contract role -- opportunity for a 6 month contract
- $20-$32 per hour dependent on experience
- Expected to work 24-40hrs per week during EST business hours (can be half days or select full-days per week)
- Must be able to start in the next month
About Pattern Brands
Pattern is a family of brands with the shared mission of enjoying daily life. Since its launch in 2019, Pattern has curated a portfolio of thoughtfully-made and design-forward home-centric brands: Open Spaces, GIR, Letterfolk, Poketo, YIELD, Onsen, and Miracle. The team behind Pattern Brands formerly founded Gin Lane, a brand agency that built dozens of direct-to-consumer brands and digital experiences across industries for over a decade.
At Pattern, we’re building an inclusive team of diverse individuals as passionate about our mission as we are. We set out to ensure each member has the resources they need to thrive, create, and succeed.
As an equal opportunity employer, all persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, disability or handicap, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law (cancer or genetic characteristics), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.