Paperless Post is seeking a Director of Insights with a passion for data and an innate curiosity about user behavior. In this role, you will derive actionable insights from complex data sets, clearly communicate findings and implications, and support the growth of our business. The ideal candidate is analytical, proactive, collaborative, efficient, and a strong communicator who is driven to continually find ways to optimize and improve our performance. You should have a proven track record of analyzing and deriving insights from data and a strong quantitative mindset that allows you to distill complex concepts into clear and accessible learnings and recommendations. You will be energized by the prospect of using the skills developed in your career to date to be an active contributor to growth for our business.
This position is based in NYC and is a hybrid position that consists of both in-office and remote work. This role is required to be in our office in the Financial District at least every Tuesday and Wednesday and more often, as needed.
What you’ll do here
- User research
- Own our user research and insights channels (mostly short- or long-form surveys, including NPS)
- Define and execute user research tracks (in collaboration with other stakeholders), including analysis, interpretation and sharing of results and implications
- Conceptualize and lead ad hoc analyses to deepen our understanding of user behavior and what drives business performance and growth
- Own, optimize and maintain our research tools and platforms, such as Qualtrics, to ensure we’re gathering user insights in the most effective ways possible
- Be a trusted source of deep insight into our users, and the ways they interact with our products
- Performance reporting:
- Develop a deep understanding of the KPIs that drive our business and how to improve performance
- Track a wide range of KPIs and synthesize insights and growth opportunities into compelling and digestible reports to present to key stakeholders;
- Maintain dashboards and reporting systems for ongoing analysis and/or monitoring of business metrics
- Identify opportunities to improve how we measure, track, and communicate insights deriving from our data
- Support the Growth Strategy & Insights Team, and other teams
- Provide insights, analytical firepower and leverage to the SVP Growth Strategy & Insights, including supporting our rolling strategy planning process (1-year and 3-year plans, goal setting, initiative sizing)
- Effectively manage, grow, develop and coach one level 2 team member
- Triage and respond to inbound requests from other teams for insights to support their work
You will report to the SVP Growth Strategy & Insights, and manage the Insights Analyst. Close collaboration with our Data team will also be an important element of this role.
What you bring to the table
- 7+ years experience, ideally including 2+ years in a tech/software company. Experience at a top tier management consulting firm would be a plus.
- Ability to present complex information and effectively communicate analytical results in an easy-to-understand and digestible manner to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to take a business question, determine the insights required, and effectively tell the story that answers is
- Ability to collaborate effectively cross-functionally with team members from a wide range of functions (including those who are highly technical as well as those with limited or no data/statistical training)
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and get into the data
- Experience building reports in a visualization tool like Tableau or Looker
- An obsession with impact and using insights to drive actionable recommendations and meaningful change.
- Comfort with the ambiguity that sometimes comes with a fast-paced start-up atmosphere.
- Experience in effectively managing and motivating junior team members
- A self-starter who can operate autonomously to keep things moving forward
Company-wide, we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and a balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn't supported by ad revenue, we can focus our efforts on creating and improving the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.
We are proud that Paperless Post has helped over 175 million people globally connect in the real world since our inception. Paperless Post exists to help all people celebrate all the moments that matter to them. We believe that having a team reflective of the diverse world around us empowers us to create a product that serves everyone. Women, people of color, trans/genderqueer individuals, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
The compensation range for this full-time role is $135,000 - $175,000 annually + benefits.
At Paperless Post, compensation is based on a number of factors, including geographic location, job-related skills, years of experience, and internal team banding. All full-time offer packages come with a base salary, equity component, and options for fully paid medical, dental, and vision benefits. The range posted here is based on the NYC market and may vary based on candidate location.