Paperless Post is seeking a data scientist to guide decision-making using exploratory data analysis and storytelling. The ideal candidate brings a quantitative mindset to help scope opportunities, define priorities, and measure impact. You will partner with stakeholders in exploring potential growth tactics, focusing on our product and users. For this data scientist, the business problem comes first, followed by analysis leveraging their technical knowledge of data science tools.
- Act as a strategic thought partner with business and product stakeholders
- Be involved in all stages of the lifecycle of data, exploring new and existing data sources/schemas to curate innovative data analysis to drive decisions
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative skills to produce clear outputs
- Identify trends and opportunities through meaningful storytelling and data visualizations
- Communicate and present suggestions to cross-functional teams iteratively
- Clearly explain statistical concepts and scientific insights to promote informed actions across leadership teams
- Guide marketers, product managers, engineers, and designers in translating insights into decisions and action
- 4+ years experience in a data analytics and/or data science role
- Advanced SQL and Python (pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, matplotlib, seaborn, plotly, etc.)
- Proven track record of building executive-level notebooks in Jupyter and Hex
- Expertise in data visualization, emphasizing the design of visual representations to discover patterns, convey findings, and provide persuasive evidence
- Understanding of advanced statistical concepts
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, autonomous, and highly organized
Nice to have:
- Experience working with cloud data warehouses
- Knowledge of SQL data modeling best practices using DBT
- Comfort with the ambiguity that sometimes comes with a fast-paced start-up atmosphere
About the team
The Paperless Post data team plays a crucial role in our product’s success. We get to dive into advanced data work—from marketing attribution models, growth analytics tactics, and product feature AB testing, to modern data engineering infrastructure and integrations—that solves complex business problems and increases the data functional capabilities of everyone throughout the company. On the reporting side, we help ensure that all teams have the information they need to make sound business decisions. Above all, we’re a team that is excited about what we do.
About the company
Company-wide, we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and a balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn't supported by ad revenue, we can focus our efforts on creating and improving on the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.
We are proud that Paperless Post has helped over 175 million people globally connect in the real world since our inception. Paperless Post exists to help all people celebrate all the moments that matter to them. We believe that having a team reflective of the diverse world around us empowers us to create a product that serves everyone. Women, people of color, trans/genderqueer individuals, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
The compensation range for this role is $110,000 - 135,000 USD.
At Paperless Post, compensation is based on a number of factors, including geographic location, job-related skills, years of experience, and internal team banding. All full-time offer packages come with a base salary, equity component, and options for fully paid medical, dental, and vision benefits. The range posted here is based on the NYC market and may vary based on candidate location.