People Operations Specialist
Paperless Post is seeking a People Operations Specialist to join the People team. This person will primarily be responsible for managing the office, recruiting coordination, and employee travel expenses and will work collaboratively with the rest of the People team to create a positive and inclusive employee and candidate experience. The right person will be able to pivot between priorities seamlessly and is a self-starter who learns quickly and is comfortable working independently. As a point person for day-to-day employee support and office operations, this person will guarantee that everything runs smoothly, and will proactively identify & solve for any inefficiencies.
This position is based in NYC and is a hybrid position that consists of both in-office and remote work. This role is required to be in our office in the Financial District at least every Tuesday and Wednesday and more often, as needed.
What you'll do here
- Office Operations:
- Support all office operational needs, including catering, kitchen and office supplies inventory & stocking, mail & package triage, and other administrative roles
- Plan and execute all company and team events, both virtual/hybrid and IRL off-sites
- Plan and coordinate all company and executive board meetings, both virtual and onsite and including any catering needs in partnership with the Director of People Operations and the IT team
- Manage reception and guest & candidate experience in the office, including keeping up-to-date with and implementing health & safety protocols
- Manage cleaning staff & third-party office supply and service vendors, and office security & emergency preparedness needs
- Maintain relationships with property/building management and subcontractors, ensuring the office is always in working order and up to code and resolving issues quickly
- Assist the Director of People Operations in researching & implementing perks & wellness programs and ordering & distributing company swag
- Recruiting Coordination:
- Work closely with the Talent Acquisition Lead to communicate with all candidates and ensure a seamless, excellent candidate experience
- Schedule interviews and follow-ups and make sure all parties have confirmed availability for all panels and have accurate meeting invites and details
- Assist in scheduling internal meetings such as Intakes, Kickoffs, and Roundups
- Support the Talent Acquisition lead with employer branding initiatives as needed
- Sourcing is an area of potential growth for this position if the interest is there
- Travel, Expense & Budget Management
- Manage the office expense budget and report monthly to the Director of People Operations and the Chief People Officer
- Help manage employee-related expenses such as travel and accommodations, using Abacus, the company’s expense reporting software
- Assist in managing departmental entertainment budgets by providing support to department heads in planning & coordinating for team events such as team outings and team-building activities
What you bring to the table
- 2+ years of office assistance/coordination and/or executive assistant experience—preferably in a startup environment and/or in a small to medium-sized company
- Calendar management experience, preferably in G Suite, either as a recruiting coordinator or executive assistant
- Budgeting and expense-related software experience, preferably Abacus or similar
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Experience in planning medium to large-scale events, IRL, virtual and hybrid
- Proficiency handling multiple short- and long-term projects at once and problem-solving with minimal supervision
- Proactiveness in improving existing processes, defining new ones, and anticipating problems before they happen
- Flexibility and grace under pressure in the face of urgent issues and unexpected changes
- Ownership and accountability in your work
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills; this is a vital role within our company ecosystem when it comes to candidate & employee experience
- Experience operating within a budget & forecasting budget needs
- Consistent care for the appearance & experience of the office space
- ATS (Applicant Tracking System) experience a plus
A little bit about the team
Company-wide, we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and a balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn't supported by ad revenue, we can focus our efforts on creating and improving the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.
We are proud that Paperless Post has helped over 175 million people globally connect in the real world since our inception. Paperless Post exists to help all people celebrate all the moments that matter to them. We believe that having a team reflective of the diverse world around us empowers us to create a product that serves everyone. Women, people of color, trans/genderqueer individuals, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
The compensation range for this full-time role is $65,000 annually + benefits.
At Paperless Post, compensation is based on a number of factors, including geographic location, job-related skills, years of experience, and internal team banding. All full-time offer packages come with a base salary, equity component, and options for fully paid medical, dental, and vision benefits. The range posted here is based on the NYC market and may vary based on candidate location.