Senior Software Engineer, Mobile
Paperless Post seeks an exceptional Mobile Applications Developer to join our mobile team. In this role, you will work closely with our Product and Mobile team to help us shape, design, and build our customers' mobile Paperless Post experience across various mobile devices. This role is an excellent fit for an experienced Mobile developer looking to work with Native and React Native technologies. You will tackle design and software architecture challenges as you make the rich Paperless Post experience live in mobile iOS and Android applications. The ideal candidate is an excellent programmer, user-focused, and passionate about the mobile opportunities for Paperless Post.
A little bit about us
The PP Engineering team, a highly collaborative group of developers and technologists, is tasked with building and refining a consumer-facing product that millions interact with each month. Our feature teams each focus on a unique piece of the user experience and are made up of engineers, product managers, QA, and product designers. We prioritize creativity and continuing education, and our ongoing commitment to quality code shows in our pragmatic but brave approach to technology.
What you’ll do here
- Develop our mobile application throughout the product life cycle: code architecture, feature implementation, integration, and code verification.
- Understanding of the communication architecture between mobile devices and web services APIs with the help of REST techniques and HTTP requests
- Solve complex technical problems under system constraints such as performance, form factors, and data service availability.
- Keep the tech stack up to date and scalable with the modern tech industry standards.
- Lead and participate in code reviews.
- Collaborate with the product, design, QA, and support teams to understand product requirements before implementation.
- Ensure continuous, high-quality product through code testing, bug fixing, and feature changes based on consumer feedback.
- Keeping up to date with the best practices, terminologies, and concepts for coding mobile applications
- Maintain the application in the iOS App Store and the Google Play Store with periodic releases to the users.
- Monitor new OS and software releases by Apple and Google, understand the impact on our applications, and take necessary measures.
- Understand crash analytics and bugs experienced by the users and implement fixes to avoid recurrence.
What you bring to the table
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Must have an app that is available in either the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
- Knowledge to work with state management in react-native
- Ability to write bridging code between the native platform and react-native
- Knowledge of Web and Mobile application development techniques and best practices
- Excellent understanding of the iOS or Android tech stack to implement native features
- Excellent knowledge of web interfaces and their integrations with the mobile application
- Excellent understanding of the project tracking software Jira to track the progress and releases of a project
- Expertise in using version control systems such as git.
- Knowledge to work in a team with Agile methodology in software development
- Creative with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Passion for product quality and attention to details
- Must be a team player and effective collaborator with excellent communication skills
Company-wide, we enjoy a fantastic ecosystem of an even gender split and a balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn’t supported by ad revenue, we can focus on creating and improving the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.
We are proud that Paperless Post has helped over 175 million people globally connect in the real world since our inception. Paperless Post exists to help all people celebrate all the moments that matter to them. Having a team reflective of the diverse world empowers us to create a product that serves everyone. Women, people of color, trans/genderqueer individuals, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
The compensation range for this role is $140,000 - 175,000 USD.
At Paperless Post, compensation is based on several factors, including geographic location, job-related skills, years of experience, and internal team banding. All full-time offer packages have a base salary, equity component, and options for fully paid medical, dental, and vision benefits. The range posted here is based on the NYC market and may vary based on candidate location.