Marketing Project Manager
Paperless Post is seeking a Project Manager to coordinate projects and drive process management for our marketing team. This role sits on the Marketing team, a team that is central in shaping how Paperless Post communicates with over 175 million users, and will collaborate across our marketing team as well as other departments to enable our creative team to execute best in class marketing campaigns to drive growth for our brand.
We’re looking for a creative, motivated, proactive and solution-oriented individual who thrives in a highly cross-functional role focused on getting the job done. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of managing marketing projects, from building initial project plans to on-time execution. This role will require a high degree of collaboration across many teams including (but not limited to) Content Design, Merchandising, Partnerships, and Product.
What you’ll do here:
- Manage and drive forward all aspects of marketing projects including creating and obtaining buy in on project plans, coordinating with cross functional teams and stakeholders, tracking and summarizing progress to management and stakeholders, all while pushing projects forward within timeline.
- Drive all aspects of day-to-day asset creation for the creative team including: request intake and spec grooming, task creation, approvals, and delivery of projects.
- Assign and prioritize workload for the team, including assessing team bandwidth on a weekly and monthly basis and reassigning work as necessary.
- Liaise with cross-functional stakeholders daily to align on timelines and moving priorities, identifying any roadblocks or contingencies early in a project.
- Manage and track the monthly marketing budget, ensuring all inputs are delivered on time for accurate billing and in-budget spending.
- Continuously and proactively evaluate our internal processes and find opportunities to optimize our ways of working, including new tools and templates that enable nimble and efficient workflows to maximize team output.
- Collaborate with content, partnerships, and product teams on any new launches to understand implications on marketing deliverables.
- Maintain and improve processes and documentation that helps people work together including (but not limited to): confluence, creative briefs, an integrated marketing calendar, and channel templates.
- Provide overall quality control to ensure creative meets best practices for channels, and all technical requirements of brief/spec.
- Manage all creative resourcing for marketing, both in house capacity as well as freelancers, including onboarding and negotiating contracts and vendor agreements (e.g. set up, contract coordination, etc).
- Help produce photo shoots, from budget alignment through execution.
- Support marketing team with integrated marketing tasks or projects, as needed.
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years of experience in a project management or marketing coordinator role with a focus on creative project management.
- Strong understanding of the creative process and the nuances that lie in visually communicating an idea to a wide variety of audiences. Experience in producing photoshoots, a plus.
- Knowledge of basic web design practices and experience working with product and engineering teams.
- The ability to prioritize work and comfort with deadlines and last minute requests.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. An ability to translate ideas that are abstract into actionable tasks for the team.
- Experienced in building out and implementing creative workflows from goal to execution while maintaining flexibility and optimizing wherever necessary.
- Ambitious self-starter with strong ownership attitude and demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves.
- Impeccable attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Deep familiarity with Asana and G Suite.
- Startup experience a plus.
- Passion for the Paperless Post brand and the events/party/design industries.
Company-wide, we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and a balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn't supported by ad revenue, we can focus our efforts on creating and improving on the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.
We are proud that Paperless Post has helped over 175 million people globally connect in the real world since our inception. Paperless Post exists to help all people celebrate all the moments that matter to them. We believe that having a team reflective of the diverse world around us empowers us to create a product that serves everyone. Women, people of color, trans/genderqueer individuals, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
The compensation range for this role is $75,000 - 90,000 USD.
At Paperless Post, compensation is based on a number of factors, including geographic location, job-related skills, years of experience, and internal team banding. All full-time offer packages come with a base salary, equity component, and options for fully paid medical, dental, and vision benefits. The range posted here is based on the NYC market and may vary based on candidate location.