Senior/Lead Product Designer
With our unique and beautiful designs, Paperless Post helps connect friends and family for some of their most important life moments. We have a dedicated and growing user base (175 million and counting!) that knows and loves our product. Because we aren't supported by ad revenue, we get to spend our days focused on creating and improving the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.
Our Product Designers are generalists but each of us has our own strengths that we bring to the table to help each other to become better designers. We are a close-knit team where we share our work twice a week (one for current projects, one for working on Paperless Post’s design system).
This role is a hybrid, working partially in our office in NYC so we are looking for a local candidate.
A little about us
Paperless Post is seeking a product designer to help solve our most complex user experience and design issues. You will partner with our Principal Product Designer to create impactful experiences for our users from concept to execution. You will also work closely with other designers, product managers, engineers, data specialists, and customer operations to find the best solutions for our users and our business and iteratively refine those solutions based on performance and insights.
You will contribute design solutions for mobile and desktop, across the full user funnel from browse to event design, all the way through to event management.
What you’ll do here
- Make complicated concepts and tasks easy for a user through your product solutions, design improvements and UX optimizations.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to define the user and product requirements.
- Collect, process and synthesize information gathered from any user tests, NPS data, site data, competitive analysis, surveys and internal conversations to produce high-quality design solutions — from concept to execution using diagrams, wires, animations, specs, user research, and any tools to help communicate and/or evolve your ideas.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to change paths and try another approach.
- Present your design solutions, in some cases prototypes or basic markup, to your teammates, manager, and stakeholders and walk your audience through your decisions with an understanding of the user goals, business goals, and feasibility.
- Conduct user tests and synthesize findings from user tests where applicable.
- Iterate on your designs, integrating insights and feedback from your team, stakeholders, user research, and data results from releases to continually improve the user experience and product.
- Keep current on design trends and usability standards and participate in internal talks, hack days, and learning sessions.
- Stay up to date on the latest native UX/UI patterns for both Android and iOS, and be cognisant of how those updates affect the user experience.
- Consistently review and analyze competitors in our space and adjacent vertical to ensure that Paperless Post’s offering stays at the forefront of product offerings.
What you bring to the table
- 5+ years experience designing web software/applications, preferably consumer-facing, with a passion for building things that are both beautiful and functional.
- Expertise in interaction and visual design with experience shipping and designing for multiple platforms; bonus skills include CSS/JS/HTML, motion design, and prototyping skills.
- A strong understanding of systems design, usability and user experience principles.
- Expert knowledge of building reusable components with design tokens in Figma.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with an ability to influence peers and stakeholders.
- A propensity to be self-directed, resourceful, and to take ownership.
Company-wide, we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and a balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn't supported by ad revenue, we can focus our efforts on creating and improving on the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.
We are proud that Paperless Post has helped over 175 million people globally connect in the real world since our inception. Paperless Post exists to help all people celebrate all the moments that matter to them. We believe that having a team reflective of the diverse world around us empowers us to create a product that serves everyone. Women, people of color, trans/genderqueer individuals, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
The compensation range for this role is $100,000 - 150,000 USD.
At Paperless Post, compensation is based on a number of factors, including geographic location, job-related skills, years of experience, and internal team banding. All full-time offer packages come with a base salary, equity component, and options for fully paid medical, dental, and vision benefits. The range posted here is based on the NYC market and may vary based on candidate location.