Software Engineer, Front End
You’ll use your experience building performant, user-focused web applications to implement the tools and software that allow our users to create best-in-class event pages and greeting cards. You will work with React, Redux, TypeScript, NextJS, and GraphQL to build a range of functionality helping users to create, send, and manage custom event pages. Your contributions will make a meaningful impact on a complex consumer product used by millions of users. This role will have an opportunity to work across our product, including our web-based editor for designing dynamic web pages and our event management platform for helping event hosts connect with their guests.
A little bit about us
The PP Engineering team, a highly collaborative group of developers and technologists, is charged with building and refining a consumer-facing product that millions of people interact with each month. The team you’ll be joining focuses on the highest priority projects across our product domains and is made up of engineers, product managers, QA, and product designers. We prioritize creativity and continuing education, and our ongoing commitment to quality code shows in our pragmatic but brave approach to technology.
What you’ll do here
- Develop and maintain our applications with reusable, testable, and resilient components that foster a consistent user experience.
- Contribute to the design, development, and testing of React (TypeScript, NextJS), GraphQL, and NodeJS applications.
- Ensure code quality and maintainability through participation in code reviews and testing.
- Assist in writing user stories for new features.
- Troubleshoot and debug software issues.
- Actively participate in developing useful API contracts between Front End and Back End
- Coordinate between technical leads on best practices and align on implementation strategies.
- Implement interfaces and queries between the Front End and Back End using GraphQL
What you bring to the table
- Experience with React, Server-side rendering, CSS/UI processing (CSS-in-JS preferred), and consuming APIs.
- Experience in full-stack development preferred – some familiarity in designing APIs, working with Databases, and monitoring application performance will go a long way.
- Knowledge of good design and UX.
- Empathy for people who worked on the code base before you.
- Good communication skills and willingness to learn and collaborate with the team.
- Experience in Node.js, Ruby on Rails, Golang, or Java are all pluses.
- Experience working on e-commerce or consumer facing products is desirable.
Company-wide, we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and a balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn't supported by ad revenue, we can focus our efforts on creating and improving on the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.
We are proud that Paperless Post has helped over 175 million people globally connect in the real world since our inception. Paperless Post exists to help all people celebrate all the moments that matter to them. We believe that having a team reflective of the diverse world around us empowers us to create a product that serves everyone. Women, people of color, trans/genderqueer individuals, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
The compensation range for this role is $115,000 - 140,000 USD.
At Paperless Post, compensation is based on a number of factors, including geographic location, job-related skills, years of experience, and internal team banding. All full-time offer packages come with a base salary, equity component, and options for fully paid medical, dental, and vision benefits.The range posted here is based on the NYC market and may vary based on candidate location.