Full Stack Software Engineer
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2023
A World-Changing Company
Palantir builds the world’s leading software for data-driven decisions and operations. By bringing the right data to the people who need it, our platforms empower our partners to develop lifesaving drugs, forecast supply chain disruptions, locate missing children, and more.
Palantir Foundry is an end-to-end platform for data-driven decision-making. We're transforming the way organizations securely integrate their data, so they can then build reliable, critical applications atop that unified foundation. Our customers use Foundry to perform rich analyses that drive core operations within their organizations. They can also build sophisticated, full-fledged programs such as common operating pictures, alert-triaging inboxes, and resource allocation planning tools driven by rich-ML models.
This is a full stack engineering role, focused on application development in Foundry, where you will be responsible for crafting the tools used by thousands of users to build the sophisticated applications that power their businesses. You will be architecting and developing interfaces to make sophisticated, data-intensive workflows both powerful and approachable, including to non-technical users. You may spend one day interviewing users to better understand their needs and identifying product gaps to improve. The next day, you might find yourself putting that customer context to use and brainstorming how to handle intricate UX needs with your teammates. You’ll regularly be faced with sophisticated technical problems, requiring you to scope out the solution design and finding an incremental path to shipping the new features. As part of this, you will own APIs and schemas that power your frontend code, or work with other backend engineers in developing them together.
We're hiring engineers who are passionate about solving real-world problems and empowering both customer app builders and end-users to do their work optimally. Some examples of the types of product work you’d get to do are:
• Designing and building for high-scale data intensive APIs (Quiver)
• Developing interactive workflow UIs
• Building products which aim to make technical concepts accessible for non-technical users
• Creating low-code/no-code WYSIWYG tools, which enable application builders within Foundry to build products for their users (Apps)
Technologies We Use
- Typescript and React are central to our front-end development.
- Blueprint as a re-usable front end component library.
- A combination of open-source and internal technologies that suit the problems at hand.
- Industry-standard build tooling, including Gradle, Webpack, GitHub, and CircleCI.
What We Value
- Passion for building user interfaces that enable users to tackle their problems.
- Ability to understand how technical decisions impact the people who will use what you're building.
- Ability to work optimally in teams of technical and non-technical individuals.
- Skill and comfort working in a constantly evolving environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users.
- Experience brainstorming and iterating with product designers.
- Experience building high-quality software in a fast-paced CI/CD development environment.
- Proven ability to learn continuously, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn new technology and concepts, even without in-depth experience. Motivated by unlocking or improving user workflows while still maintaining engineering quality.
- Active US Security clearance, or eligibility and willingness to obtain a US Security clearance is beneficial but not necessary.
What We Require
- 2+ years of frontend software engineering experience, preferably in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics.
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Our benefits aim to promote health and wellbeing across all areas of Palantirians’ lives. We work to continuously improve our offerings and listen to our community as we design and update them. The list below details our available benefits and some of the perks that can be enjoyed as an employee of Palantir Technologies.
- Employees (and their families) are eligible to enroll in: medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability coverage
- Paid leave for new parents and emergency back-up care for all parents
- Family planning support, including fertility, adoption, and surrogacy assistance
- Stipend to help with expenses that come with a new child
- Commuter benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited paid time off
- 2 weeks paid time off built into the end of each year
- 12 paid holidays throughout the calendar year
- Generous unlimited sick leave policy
- Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan
The estimated salary range for this position is estimated to be $125,000 - $200,000/year. Total compensation for this position may also include Restricted Stock units, sign-on bonus and other potential future incentives. Further note that total compensation for this position will be determined by candidate’s relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, and other factors. This estimate excludes the value of any potential sign-on bonus; the value of any benefits offered; and the potential future value of any long-term incentives.
Life at Palantir
We want every Palantirian to achieve their best outcomes, that’s why we celebrate individuals’ strengths, skills, and interests, from your first interview to your longterm growth, rather than rely on traditional career ladders. Paying attention to the needs of our community enables us to optimize our opportunities to grow and helps ensure many pathways to success at Palantir. Promoting health and well-being across all areas of Palantirians’ lives is just one of the ways we’re investing in our community. Learn more at Life at Palantir and note that our offerings may vary by region.
In keeping consistent with Palantir’s values and culture, we believe employees are “better together” and in-person work affords the opportunity for more creative outcomes. Therefore, we encourage employees to work from our offices to foster connectivity and innovation. Many teams do offer hybrid options (WFH a day or two a week), allowing our employees to strike the right trade-off for their personal productivity. Based on business need, there are a few roles that allow for “Remote” work on an exceptional basis. If you are applying for one of these roles, you must work from the state in which you are employed. If the positing is specified as Onsite, you are required to work from an office.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster, EEO poster supplement and Pay Transparency Notice for additional information.
See more open positions at Palantir
Something looks off?